Replacement M/b and CHIP

nikospc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Hello,

after figuring out that my m/b has called it quits i got a replacement compatible M/b, put in the old chip from the old m/b, hooked everything up, POST is ok, windows just wont start up,,
any help, thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,

Solution
Please post your entire current system spec, I am not sure if your signature spec is the one you're referring to after the changes.

After major hardware changes, it is always best practice to perform a clean install of Windows. Depending on what Windows you have, it recognises your hardware and verifies it's validity through that. If you change the hardware, your Windows may not recognise the PC, and therefore not boot. Especially after major changes such as Motherboard or CPU.

I'd personally recommend a clean install.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please post your entire current system spec, I am not sure if your signature spec is the one you're referring to after the changes.

After major hardware changes, it is always best practice to perform a clean install of Windows. Depending on what Windows you have, it recognises your hardware and verifies it's validity through that. If you change the hardware, your Windows may not recognise the PC, and therefore not boot. Especially after major changes such as Motherboard or CPU.

I'd personally recommend a clean install.

Solution