Question Replacement mobo for P8Z68VLX

suntower

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
My mobo died. My computer is a purpose-built machine for music DAW and I want the replacement to be as close as possible so I can just drop in existing components.

Will a P8Z77-VLX work? I found this used. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFVV7913747

Or is there a better choice?

CPU: Intel Sandybridge i7 2600
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-VLX
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 240gb SATA 6
GPU: No name. Uses extended PCI slot. No fan.
PSU: Antec 500W
Chassis: Antec Mid Tower

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you list your current system specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You will eventually need to reinstall your OS after your motherboard drop in(if you can't source the exact board) due to chipset/drivers.

goku15

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Hey. Yeah a P8Z77-VLX will definitely work. Its even a little bit better and it supports 2nd and 3nd generations of intels cpus.
I used to have that board and it was great, rock solid for many years. Later i sold my pc, so i dont how long it lasted, maybe it still works. Oh and its a good MB for everclocking too.
Good luck :)

suntower

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
You will eventually need to reinstall your OS after your motherboard drop in(if you can't source the exact board) due to chipset/drivers.

I added the specs (such as I have them) to the original post. I understand that I'll need to re-install the OS. I have a Windows 10 backup disc, but the license actually came from that 'upgrade' they did over the internet a couple of years ago. Hopefully it will allow me to switch to the new mobo without complaint.

So... recommendations on mobo?

goku15

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Buy it, trust me you wont be dissapointed. But just a note, maybe if you could find another mobo thats not a z-series as you dont have a K cpu (overclocking) you could save some money. Just a thought.