Replacement Motherboard, New CPU too??

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I've been having problems with a build, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3882348/start-fans-spin.html#21737971

That's the Original thread, but I've ordered another motherboard the same one MSI x470 Gaming Plus in a hope that that is actually the problem as I'm getting no power at all, I had a slight problem with my CPU in the socket of the motherboard but after googling a lot of others have had the same problem, basically it gets stuck in the socket and the lock down lever just needs to be lifted up with more force, and it "snaps" back and releases the CPU instead of a nice smooth action, I will link a picture of my cpu pins below, I would just like to know if the CPU is okay from looks, but also if the CPU looks okay but has been damaged internal I.e static or something, could plugging it into the new motherboard damage the new motherboard too?

CPU IMAGE - https://ibb.co/GctCPnR

Thanks for any responses, really appreciate any help/comments

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Really annoyed at myself for not being able to fully remember, but when I took the CPU out, I'm SURE I heard a noise almost like a fizz or a sizzle maybe the wrong words but I heard something but the tv was on in the background, if I damaged my motherboard would it have made a noise? Or the CPU? (There was no PSU installed at this time) Also thanks for the PSU tips wish I knew earlier, I looked around and didn't see any bad reviews apart from the cables not looking great :(

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
I'm worried that when the new motherboard arrives tomorrow, that if there is a problem with the CPU that when I insert the CPU the motherboard could get damaged too, could this happen?

vPeter

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014

good good, could there be a problem with it even if you couldnt see it? (i understand static etc.. but i mean like damage internally, related to my explanation of what happened) or am i just overthinking too much haha