[SOLVED] Replacing Geforce RTX 2060 Super, with the Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 GPU

Sep 25, 2020
Looking for some insight on swapping my RTX 2060 super, with a Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000.
Both GPUs have similar capabilities.
This particular machine will be primarily used in 3D CAD modeling, the Quadro is a certified GPU for the software.
The set up I am using is comprised of an Core i7-9700f 3.0Ghz, 32GB DDR4 memory, 500GB PCI-E NVME SSD (Win 10 pro) and a SATAIII 1GB HDD for data storage.
My main concern is that the Quadro GPU may not be compatible.

Looking forward to reading some input.

Solution
I dont see why it would not be compatible, We bought our CAD computers a few years back and they run i7-8700, 32GB ram, 512GB nvme drives, with Quadro P2000 GPUs.

Just make sure you uninstall the 2060 drivers and install Quadro drivers.
I dont see why it would not be compatible, We bought our CAD computers a few years back and they run i7-8700, 32GB ram, 512GB nvme drives, with Quadro P2000 GPUs.

Just make sure you uninstall the 2060 drivers and install Quadro drivers.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Looking for some insight on swapping my RTX 2060 super, with a Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000.
Both GPUs have similar capabilities.
This particular machine will be primarily used in 3D CAD modeling, the Quadro is a certified GPU for the software.
The set up I am using is comprised of an Core i7-9700f 3.0Ghz, 32GB DDR4 memory, 500GB PCI-E NVME SSD (Win 10 pro) and a SATAIII 1GB HDD for data storage.
My main concern is that the Quadro GPU may not be compatible.

Looking forward to reading some input.
Compatibility should not be an issue. The Quadro should perform well in this config.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'm considering replacing an old NVS 925 with an
HP WS095AA Nvidia Quadro 4000 2gb Pci Express 2.0 X16 Gddr5 Sdram Video Card
The money is acceptable and I need better graphics as well for 3D cad/modeling and rendering performance.
I'm wondering if I'm gonna have compatibility issues as well.

I have a single E5-2620 v3 chip, with 32GB DDR4 memory and a Quadro NVS 295 video card now.
Any thoughts on this?
You really should start your own thread. Hijacking someone else's thread is poor forum etiquette.