[SOLVED] replacing Gelid phantom fans would i see a temp improvement?

Solution
Fans that come on coolers are usually designed for that usage, or the heatsinks are designed around a specific fan. So there's no telling exactly what's going to happen. The Gelid has a considerably higher TDP, but since the current aio is well over the cpu limits, temps are going to reflect the coolers efficiency, not its capacity. And changing fans can affect efficiency.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention something. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

include the cooler you're on right now and what sort of temps you're getting inclusive of your ambient room temperature(s). We can then move forward with suggestions. Also state the airflow and the number of fans in the chassis.

May 21, 2020
CPU:ryzen 3600
Motherboard:b450m a
Ram:2x8gb hyperx 3200
SSD/HDD: 512gb mx500 1tb toshiba hdd
GPU:rx 580
PSU:cv550

i have a corsair spec 05 with 2 intakes one on my ml120l aio which has two p12 in push pull and 3 exhausts which are f12s temps are roughly 33 when idle 50-54 when gaming 71 on cinebench

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fans that come on coolers are usually designed for that usage, or the heatsinks are designed around a specific fan. So there's no telling exactly what's going to happen. The Gelid has a considerably higher TDP, but since the current aio is well over the cpu limits, temps are going to reflect the coolers efficiency, not its capacity. And changing fans can affect efficiency.

Reactions: AscendantLag
Solution