[SOLVED] Replacing mobo/cpu but getting no display

May 6, 2021
I am trying to upgrade my motherboard and CPU but getting no display signal. Fans/lights are all on and running. A bit stumped as to what's going on. If I swap back my original parts everything works perfectly.

I'm thinking that either part is defective or maybe a compatibility issue with the RAM.

Specs:

New
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming
Intel 10th Gen i7-10700

Existing
EVGA GeForce Gtx 1080
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
WD Black 512GB Performance SSD - M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive - WDS512G1X0C
Fractal Design Ion+ 860W Platinum Power Supply

Solution
As you do not have an "F" series CPU, a 10700 supports integrated graphics, so you can leave the GPU uninstalled initially, connecting your monitor to one of the mainboard's HDMI or as Display Port outputs. While initially trying to get a post, no reason to have any drives installed or connected.

You may also drop down to but one stick of RAM in 2nd slot closest to CPU (test with each stick if needed)...

Double check cabling of pump and any RGB stuff, as folks have occasionally crammed in cables for one into the other...
As you do not have an "F" series CPU, a 10700 supports integrated graphics, so you can leave the GPU uninstalled initially, connecting your monitor to one of the mainboard's HDMI or as Display Port outputs. While initially trying to get a post, no reason to have any drives installed or connected.

You may also drop down to but one stick of RAM in 2nd slot closest to CPU (test with each stick if needed)...

Double check cabling of pump and any RGB stuff, as folks have occasionally crammed in cables for one into the other...

Solution