I installed WIN XP into an older computer. XP is using the "Default Montor"
setting (thereby using "vgasave" as the default driver. The vgasave is
causing a resource conflict. The monitor is a Compaq MV740, I attempted to
load the XP drivers obtained from the HP web site but no joy. How do I
remove the monitor? Any help would be appreciated!

Rick, what kind of Video Card do you have in the older computer? Take a
look at this
http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/compaq/mv740.html

"Rick Shaw" <rikshaw59@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I installed WIN XP into an older computer. XP is using the "Default
>Montor"
> setting (thereby using "vgasave" as the default driver. The vgasave is
> causing a resource conflict. The monitor is a Compaq MV740, I attempted
> load the XP drivers obtained from the HP web site but no joy. How do I
> remove the monitor? Any help would be appreciated!

VGASAVE is not for the monitor. This is a video card driver that gets
installed. You need to install the correct video card drivers for your
video card.