Replacing my broken GPU.

Skippy917

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Hey guys, my gpu broke down on me, its an old gigabyte gts 450 nvidia. Now a new GPU is on his way and its the MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti Gaming

My question is.

Can i just place the new GPU in the MBoard and remove the old drivers and install the new drivers?

Oh and will my screen work immediently when i plug it in the new GPU? I cant remove any drivers at the moment cause i cant get my monitor to work treu the Mboard. So again... is it okey if i just place my new GPU in and THEN get the right drivers?

Also will my monitor connect to the new GPU even tho the right drivers are not on my PC yet?

G

Yes, display devices almost always have a basic driver to use. Just put in a new gpu and connect the monitor it should work.

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
What is your motherboard. You might need to update the bios to get it to work. It sounds like your onboard has been turned off. What i would do clear the cmos. That should get your onboard working. To do that google "mobo model clear cmos" then update your bios.

Skippy917

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
My mboard is the asus m4a8lt-m.

I cant get into any bios stuff cause i cant get the screen to work even when i connect it to the motherboard. I cant use my old GPU either cause its broke