Question Replacing my Verizon/Fios Home Router G3100 with my own?

Jan 29, 2022
Currently my main router is in my garage. I have several verizon wifi extenders throughout home all connected via coax. Is it possible to replace verizon router with my own router connected with a moca adapter? Will verizon wifi extenders work with another router? Lastly not sure its even worth it being my router is located in garage? Would love to upgrade my router if worth it. Opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Greg

USAFRet

Titan
Do you also have TV service through verizon?
If so, that Verizon router needs to be in there somewhere. That is what talks to the STBs.

But likely the problem is just where it is located.

With the several 'wifi extenders', what actual problems are you seeing?

Jan 29, 2022
Yes I have Tv service through Verizon. Everything works fine with tv. My main issue is wifi. Speeds are very inconsistent. When I reset my router my wifi speeds are blazing fast throughout home. After several days my speeds drop substantially. Tired of resetting router to correct issue. That's why I'm considering a new router if thats the issue. Thanks Greg

Jan 29, 2022
House 2500 Sq feet. I have 3 extenders throughout home. Yes one extender I have several devices connected via ethernet. All extenders are connected via coax