[SOLVED] Replacing secondary 250gb SSD with a larger one how to clone

I have previously replaced a 1TB HDD system drive with a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO ssd and that was easy enough thanks to Samsung Data Migration tool.
Now I want to replace a secondary drive which is a Samsung 840 EVO 250gb drive with a 850EVO 1TB.
Currently the 840 is used for games and got about 200 gb games installed on it.
I am wondering if it is as easy as just install the 1TB ssd and just copy everything on the 250GB ssd to it.
The Samsung Data Migration tool doesn't allow non system drive to be cloned onto another SSD, only C: is allowed.

Solution
For a secondary drive, you don't need to actually clone it. Simply copy/paste, and then massage the drive letters so that the new drive has the same drive letter as the old one did.

Copy Paste, not Move.
And I recommend not doing the whole thing at once. Copy sections of it, then continue to the next part.

USAFRet

Titan
For a secondary drive, you don't need to actually clone it. Simply copy/paste, and then massage the drive letters so that the new drive has the same drive letter as the old one did.

Copy Paste, not Move.
And I recommend not doing the whole thing at once. Copy sections of it, then continue to the next part.

Solution

Copy Paste, not Move.

That's good to hear.
Well I am actually doing it right now but the old drive only got one single large folder, SteamLibrary, so is it ok if I simply copied and pasted this one large folder into the new drive?
Also I have the new drive plugged to my computer through a USB-SATA adapter and assigned it a different drive letter but I assume changing it to the same drive letter as the old drive when I install it into my computer should be fine, right?

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, you can do it all at once.
But if I were doing it, I'd manually create the top level folder "SteamLibrary", and then copy all of those subfolders in bunches.

Doing it 'all at once' is the easiest, but if it fails in the middle for any reason, then you pretty much have to start over. You don't really know where it failed, or what got copied and what didn't.
It doesn't always go directly sequentially or i any logical order.

Thanks for the info.
I guess I am too lazy to do it properly.
I'll just reinstall the games if it didn't work.
hmm what about when I cloned my old system drive using Data Migration? I mean I haven't had any problem with windows or anything installed ever since I replaced the hdd.
Does that mean Data Migration is better at copying files than Windows Explorer?