[SOLVED] replacing Wireless NGFF (?) card with SSD

Dec 21, 2020
Hi! I have a DELL p24t003 with 32 Gb eMMC soldered on it. With the recent Windows 10 updates i ve run out of storage space. So i opened it in search for a m2 adapter and i only found a
Dell Wireless DW1707 WLAN NGFF Card. Can i remove it and insert an SSD or an adapter like this (for an SSD) ?

Solution
Hi! I have a DELL p24t003 with 32 Gb eMMC soldered on it. With the recent Windows 10 updates i ve run out of storage space. So i opened it in search for a m2 adapter and i only found a
Dell Wireless DW1707 WLAN NGFF Card. Can i remove it and insert an SSD or an adapter like this (for an SSD) ?
Probably not, it is a differently keyed slot and that adapter would be questionable. OEMs like Dell are not nearly as flexible as typical motherboards since their bios is a lot more restrictive on what you can do. Have you already changed out the HDD?

RealBeast

Titan
Probably not, it is a differently keyed slot and that adapter would be questionable. OEMs like Dell are not nearly as flexible as typical motherboards since their bios is a lot more restrictive on what you can do. Have you already changed out the HDD?

Last edited:
Reactions: z104
Solution
Dec 21, 2020
Probably not, it is a differently keyed slot and that adapter would be questionable. OEMs like Dell are not nearly as flexible as typical motherboards since their bios is a lot more restrictive on what you can do. Do you have an optical bay?
Thanks for the answer. It has space for a full SSD. Is there some kind of adapter?