Report: AMD Working on Radeon-Branded SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
making their own ultrabooks and desktops will be a great idea, the only component AMD doesn't make (or rebrand) is motherboards, but I think they make reference ones

remember rory came from lenovo

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]Do you guys just copy all of SemiAccurate's stories?[/citation]

Because Tom's hardware is so laggy with the news report, why not digest the ones that were already reported elsewhere?

Now imagine a system with an AMD CPU, a Radeon GPU, Radeon DRAM, and a Radeon SSD

You forgot the motherboard.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation]Now imagine a system with an AMD CPU, a Radeon GPU, Radeon DRAM, and a Radeon SSD[/citation]

Is there a set bonus for having all slots filled with AMD/Radeon?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom][citation]Now imagine a system with an AMD CPU, a Radeon GPU, Radeon DRAM, and a Radeon SSD[/citation]Is there a set bonus for having all slots filled with AMD/Radeon?[/citation]

Maybe rebates at least?

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
[citation][nom]TheinsanegamerN[/nom]so let me guess, these will be 90% as fast as intel's ssd's, and half the price, but use more power than a WD velociraptor?[/citation]
well that sounds like something that I will buy!! Amd should hire you a chief publicist

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
They should launch a line like mac, but in black with aggresive lines, like pc for real men and not for sissy hipsters, also that way mac can sue them for being square or existing in this universe

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom][citation]Now imagine a system with an AMD CPU, a Radeon GPU, Radeon DRAM, and a Radeon SSD[/citation]Is there a set bonus for having all slots filled with AMD/Radeon?[/citation]
+10 intelligence, +4 speed, critical "angry wife"

[citation][nom]sonofliberty08[/nom]radeon mechanical keyboard, radeon laser mouse, radeon gamepad, radeon case, , radeon psu, radeon cooler......[/citation]

then you can legitimately say you have a "AMD Gaming Evolved" system.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dudewitbow[/nom]then you can legitimately say you have a "AMD Gaming Evolved" system.[/citation]

You also forgot the motherboard, PSU, cables, and wireless router...

thomaseron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
I would like this. :)
Gonna save up some money and then
buy memory modules, and if they do release
an SSD, I will definetly buy one of those as well.

Hopefully, the will rebrand Samsung SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.