Report: Apple Has Fired Its Maps Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]This would never happen under jobs, maybe tim cook wouldn't be the arrogant prick that jobs was.[/citation]

I don't think Jobs would have released Maps until it was at least a mature product...

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]omg an article about apple thats not by zak islam[/citation]
That's because Zak published the Apple-favorable ones only.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
As much as I don't like Apple I don't think it was his fault. It is the rest of the company and the way they rushed the department to come up with an app that was comparable to the old one which was designed over the course of 5 1/2 years. How can you blame a guy for a problems with a huge project that you rushed to the table in months? It was the company's fault not to look it over at realize it was no where near complete and they should wait until the next iPhone to release it.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]This would never happen under jobs, maybe tim cook wouldn't be the arrogant prick that jobs was.[/citation]

I will agree that fails were very rare when Jobs was at the helm. Apple went with in house Maps because of Google shenanigans and not allowing features that came with Droid version. At least Apple learns from their mistakes and should not happen again.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]gidgiddonihah[/nom]As much as I don't like Apple I don't think it was his fault. It is the rest of the company and the way they rushed the department to come up with an app that was comparable to the old one which was designed over the course of 5 1/2 years. How can you blame a guy for a problems with a huge project that you rushed to the table in months? It was the company's fault not to look it over at realize it was no where near complete and they should wait until the next iPhone to release it.[/citation]
Apple is just used to rehashing products. They haven't learned that a project of this magnitude would take longer than what resizing a device takes.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]I will agree that fails were very rare when Jobs was at the helm. Apple went with in house Maps because of Google shenanigans and not allowing features that came with Droid version. At least Apple learns from their mistakes and should not happen again.[/citation]

What bull and ignorance from a cultist.

mrmez

Splendid
Had to happen I guess.
Still, I don't have a problem taking a temporary step backwards to make things better in the long run. Especially reducing reliance on Google.

Now they need to fire the fool who makes the old fashioned looking OSX calendar.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I guess it's good to be the CEO, because everyone under you is a scapegoat. But was it really that hard for Tim Cook to play around with maps and say, "hey, we can't release this yet, it's buggy as hell!"

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]I guess it's good to be the CEO, because everyone under you is a scapegoat. But was it really that hard for Tim Cook to play around with maps and say, "hey, we can't release this yet, it's buggy as hell!"[/citation]

Tim Cook use an Android. That's why he has no idea about Apple Maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.