Report: Apple Working on A6 Chip Along with the A5X

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple Working on A6 Chip Along with the A5X.
Apple working on iphone 1 along with iphone 2, working on ihpone 2 alone with 3. 4 alone with 4s.
shitt....... no wonder every new release or big upgrade from apple is no more than just the differences in the price. louder thunder but small rain, they develop the same tech in the same time but a bit different and release it next year claim it as new generation.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]imturegeek[/nom]no wonder every new release or big upgrade from apple is no more than just the differences in the price. louder thunder but small rain, they develop the same tech in the same time but a bit different and release it next year claim it as new generation.[/citation]
Yeah but every tech company does (or tries to do) the same thing. Only difference is Apple gets press about it, so their thunder comes free of charge.
[citation][nom]fixxxer113[/nom]First time I agree with every comment...[/citation]
Me too, and this is coming from someone who uses Apple products daily (mostly at work). Don't mind as much when there is hard-facts but this speculation stuff is bleh.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Fair play to Apple, now that Jobs is in the ground there may be an actual change, sure the A6 is one thing that may alter and graphical power may increase, but let's use that as an opportunity to all ask Apple to please, please, please

GIVE WIDESCREEN ON THE IPAD AS THE 4:3 ASPECT RATIO IS SO LAST CENTURY IT'S NOT FUNNY

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I like Apples products. Currently though I only own an Apple TV 2 and an older Core2 Duo iMac.

That being said, enough of the speculation game. I know it's risen to be an almost eSport to guess at what is coming out, but please. Stop the madness. Everyone will know in a few days what's next. Then people can sing praises or throw bombs, according to their own inclinations.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Apple is so great at suing everyone over even the smallest 'infractions'.

OK, how about we tell Audi that it's A6 name is being used by Apple ?
After all, Audi is using the "A" for their car designation like Apple is using the 'i'.

DonnieK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Folks, we're on a site called Tom's Hardware. I'm happy to see a post about hardware. The fact that Tom's readers only care about hardware that runs lolWindows software is always funny to me. There are many reasons to dislike various companies.

Personally, I'm just happy to see continued development of faster chips, higher resolution displays, more accurate sensing, and smarter software running on the hardware. Who cares which company is making it all? The competition is good for R&D budgets around the entire industry.

halcyon

Splendid
I know there are some folks that really care whether or not Apple is working on a new wonder CPU. ...I just don't think any of them will see this comment. I love Apple products. I don't want to...but I've used so much different tech...their stuff has been high quality, easy to use, and consistently works as designed...for me anyways.

That said, who really cares if Apple is working on a new chip? I'd rather hear that there's an ICS phone with a 4"+ IPS LCD 1280x720+ screen (retina display quality...just bigger :0), über fast performance (I don't care about core count), and Razr Maxx build quality (or Apple), Razr Maxx thinness, and Razr Maxx battery life that is competitively priced. ...but it seems I ask for too much.

Yeah, that's the kind of news I really want to read though.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]DonnieK[/nom]Folks, we're on a site called Tom's Hardware. I'm happy to see a post about hardware. The fact that Tom's readers only care about hardware that runs lolWindows software is always funny to me. There are many reasons to dislike various companies. Personally, I'm just happy to see continued development of faster chips, higher resolution displays, more accurate sensing, and smarter software running on the hardware. Who cares which company is making it all? The competition is good for R&D budgets around the entire industry.[/citation]

Yeah, you're right but in the small invisible print it also reads "Tom's Hardware for non-Apple fans".

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Apple is so great at suing everyone over even the smallest 'infractions'.OK, how about we tell Audi that it's A6 name is being used by Apple ?After all, Audi is using the "A" for their car designation like Apple is using the 'i'.[/citation]
Problem is if they change the chip name to i6, they will have to suceed it with i7, and they are less afraid of Audi than they are of Intel.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Cry Babies! Sour grapes!!

The A5x and A6 are hardware and if you scroll up to the top of this page you'll see "HARDWARE".

You don't like, don't read! Just remember to change your diapers first ;)

Bring on the Thumbs Down!! W00T!

*trolling mission for the day acomplished*

ezzep123

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I'm with the meh guys on this one. Who cares about the next chip? Does it really do anything new? Can it handle Flash, which is what most of us still use? Oh wait, this is a phone, not a laptop.

G

No new chip, no retina display. The A5 can't handle retina on the iPad without a performance sacrifice and Apple is highly unlikely to take a performance step backwards at this point.

As for this: "Does it really do anything new?"

You, sir, clearly do not game on an iOS device. The difference between the experience of the A4 and the A5 is significant. Many of the graphics-intensive gaming apps will, in fact, only run on the iPad 2 because of this. So while a new A6 chip may not do anything "new", it certainly will enable new things. But if you're still hooked on Flash, perhaps that's not your bag? Have fun in 2006.

ezzep123

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, like I'm going to spend over $500 on a device where you're limited to using the device, and nothing more. You can't upgrade anything on it. In fact, the way to upgrade is to buy a new one. Stupid. At least on my wife's netbook I can upgrade the hard drive and ram. And no flash? Stupid.
2006? Youtube still uses flash. HTML5? I heard about it way before you did apple boy. Besides I just built my 2nd pc last night, spending as much as I want to on what I want to. Can you do that with your little iPad? No, you're stuck with what you got. And the battery replacement?? Don't make me laugh.
Retina display? Really? What do we need next? I mean really?

Status
Not open for further replies.