Report: Cedar Trail Delayed Until November

Status
Not open for further replies.
now wait a sec... WiDi on an atom? my atom has a hard enough time displaying on my on board netbook monitor, how is it supposed to handle a 2nd larger screen?
Other than crap graphics the rest looks promising

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
you know what actually has me interested about this atom? it says fanless design up there... if i could have a netbook, toss in a low end ssd in there, and have it be completely silent, that would be amazing. itll probably get close enough to the performance of brazos (just speculation). laptop fans tend to be a bit annoying sounding cause theyre more high pitched than big pc ones, a silent laptop would be nice for me

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Yay, maybe 20% faster than the existing Atoms? According to the Intel Atom wikipedia page, each core of the Atom processors today are 50% the speed of a Pentium M, clock for clock!

They are soo sloooooow. My aunt has a 1.6GHZ Atom netbook and just surfing the web is sometimes dog slow. I upgraded the hard drive to a Scorpio Black 750GB drive, that helped, but still dog slow.

The new Atoms are supposed to be a big step forward. If Cedar Trail doesn't benchmark as well as a Core 2 Duo laptop (think T4500), Intel's gonna have to rename their netbook CPUs because people already think of "Atoms" as slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS