News Report Claims Intel 4 Is On Track For Volume Production In H2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
First I would recommend we keep this comparison to only desktop release dates(exclude out tiger[never came to desktop outside the NUC]) . This is simpler and more relevant, also Intel needs to keep to an annual cadence to keep the OEM's happy. Anything later than a year is thus late

Updating your dates to when i9 desktop top sku released
Coffee Lake (9th Gen): October 19, 2018
Comet Lake (10th Gen): April 30, 2020
Rocket Lake (11th Gen): March 30th, 2021
Alder Lake (12th Gen): November 4, 2021
Here we can see from coffee to comet Intel was late(10nm hiccup cannon lake...). Ever since comet release they have successfully quickened the cadence . I lived through this personally as I went from a 9900kf, to a 10850k, to 11700k to now a 12900k. The worst purchase of those was definitely the 11700k, the 12900k has been awesome, I am eagerly awaiting the 13900k.

For AMD Zen4 competition, Alder lake will be able to to hold its own even if eclipsed by AMD in performance, thanks to DDR4 compatibility as well as cheaper Motherboards (Intel seems to command the low end/budget builds at the moment). Raptor will help intel's position, extra e-cores is only going to help with select workloads, but the extra cache and improved IPC may help match/exceed Zen 4 performance. Either way should be an exciting year with good advancements from both camps bringing price/performance down.

Intel should have a better showing this Christmas than last year thanks to better supply. I was one of the few having a hard time finding a motherboard to match my 12900k as well as the ddr5 shortage. AMD supply is limiting their market penetration, looking forward to the reviews and concrete info on both.
Ah, I confused Tiger Lake with Rocket Lake; sorry about that.

As for everything else, I agee actually. I want to see them competing and lowering prices if possible due to that.

Intel will have its advantages and AMD will have theirs in their respective platform; that's the way it should be so we can choose.

Regards.

SiliconFly

Prominent
Jun 13, 2022
Only MLID has claimed Raptor will be late, so far it seems to have an identical schedule to Alder Lake just add a year. Which would mean this Oct Raptor Lake would be revealed and November can purchase the top line k SKUs(13900k/13700k/13600k) with the rest following Q1 2023. It was also MLID who claimed Raptor would be coming earlier, now he is saying it is late... One way to make headlines I guess
MLID is a hardcore AMD fanboy inspite of his constant claims he's neutral. He praises AMD even if lisa winks! And he has deep-rooted hatred for both Intel & Nvidia (again inspite of his constant claims).

When u watch MLID, take his Intel & Nvidia claims with a pinch of salt (sometimes a big bucket).

Last edited:
MLID is a hardcore AMD fanboy inspite of his constant claims he's neutral. He praises AMD even if lisa winks! And he has deep-rooted hatred for both Intel & Nvidia (again inspite of his constant claims).

When u watch MLID, take his Intel & Nvidia claims with a pinch of salt (sometimes a big bucket).
You're absolutely wrong.

If you can't see issues, then that says more about you than anyone else that can accept and criticize Intel (or AMD, nVidia, ARM, Apple, etc...).

Regards.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Is -Fran- MLID? :tearsofjoy:
No, I've seen the MLID guy go on message boards and attack people, under his own name, who point out how terrible and inaccurate he is. Never seen such behavior from any other rumor source.

You're right about that guy. He's an out in the open AMD fanboy and he gets called out on it all the time. All you need to do is look who swears by him. Only other AMD fanboys, just like this thread. Everyone else thinks he's terrible which is usually easy to prove except when he deletes videos from his youtube channel after the rumor he posits turns out false and then pretends he never said it.

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
AMD is done guys. Deal with it.

... and 'The future belongs to Intel' in another.

Why do people insist on splurging stuff like this all over the screen? You can't accuse someone of being a fanboy while making these sorts statements.

Anyway, in what way are AMD 'done'? Will they be more or less 'done' than when they were labouring along with their Bulldozer architecture?

What will happen is that Intel will progress, and AMD will also progress. The performance - and power - lead will almost certainly change hands many more times and consumers will benefit either way. The alternative to this is not of any benefit to anyone.