Report: Dell to Launch Android Tablet Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Well duh. Dell tries to do everything Apple does.[/citation]
Well duh, Apple didn't invent the tablet either, or the mouse, or the GUI
Or fire
Or the fucking wheel
Self-righteous Apple pricks

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
With a 5" screen it's going to make a good PMP but not going to be able to compete with the (suspected) 10" screen of the iTablet. The iTablet will have more functionality than a PMP since you'll be able to use it for note taking and reading (assuming it's going to be good for those functions since tablet notebooks are).

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
i've given a thumbs up to back_by_demand, but here is another +5 for you.

well said.
(i made my girlfriend sell her ipod nano last week...now she has a creative zen x-fi2...phew! :p)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]Jane quit teasing us with all of these speculations and show us something real! =p[/citation]

One day all these rumors will come to fruition and I can source these vague rumors and say, I told you so.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
I hope so, I'm being continually impressed by how Dell have pulled themselves up out of the gutter of pc mediocrity over the last couple of years. Good on 'em.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Well duh, Apple didn't invent the tablet either, or the mouse, or the GUIOr fireOr the fucking wheelSelf-righteous Apple pricks[/citation]

That doesn't mean that dell's activities aren't highly suspicious. It's starting to seem to me that the only difference between dell and apple is a 10% cost advantage for Dell. The styling, pricing, and use of mediocre hardware is similar though.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I really do not care about a 5 inch tablet something. I want to know why Dell is 2 generations behind on 30 inch displays... whats the deal... Their next 30 inch 2560x1600 display better have led back lighting and multi touch and cost less than $1500 each

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]That doesn't mean that dell's activities aren't highly suspicious. It's starting to seem to me that the only difference between dell and apple is a 10% cost advantage for Dell. The styling, pricing, and use of mediocre hardware is similar though.[/citation]

Actually, I think Windows 7 influenced a lot of this tablet business. Windows 7 was a pretty big deal for touch interface. Maybe Apple tried to fight that with their tablet.

TTF

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Rumor is HP will be releasing a commercial 10.1" mini-note with an optional touch display at the end of January. Don't know what all the fuss is about with Dell and Apple and tablets.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[*** ing wheel
Self-righteous Apple pricks[/quotemsg]

I didnt say Apple invented any of those things, and I am not a Mac user. However Apple was first take these products to a mass market---and that is what Dell follows.

The Dell Mp3 player, all in one computers, phone, tablet, etc.. do show an actual trend following Apple's marketing strategies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom][*** ing wheelSelf-righteous Apple pricks[/quotemsg]I didnt say Apple invented any of those things, and I am not a Mac user. However Apple was first take these products to a mass market---and that is what Dell follows.[/citation]
The story is about a Dell Tablet. Apple is rumoured to have a tablet on the way. You said:-
Well duh. Dell tries to do everything Apple does.
Where exactly was Apple first to take the tablet to mass market since they dont even have one out yet.
The iPhone isn't the first smartphone.
The iPod isn't the first MP3 player.
The Dell Mp3 player, all in one computers, phone, tablet, etc.. do show an actual trend following Apple's marketing strategies.
Go sit on the naughty step, you could say they are copying HP, Toshiba or Sony with such a vague arguement.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The story is about a Dell Tablet. Apple is rumoured to have a tablet on the way. You said:-Where exactly was Apple first to take the tablet to mass market since they dont even have one out yet.The iPhone isn't the first smartphone.The iPod isn't the first MP3 player.Go sit on the naughty step, you could say they are copying HP, Toshiba or Sony with such a vague arguement.[/citation]
Interesting little argument. =D
I'd say BlackBerry is the leader in smartphones (back when we called them PDAs I guess).
One of my brothers also bought a 256MB MP3 player for like $180 quite a few years back, before the iPod. It was pretty cool.
The Apple tablet is by no means a first either. Every ehar of Wacom? Artists love them. CRT touch screens were also at one of my local lumber shops.

Hopefully this does well. 5" is kind of pushing it though.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Typically, smaller is better but that is to an extent. Like hell I'd want a 5" if I can get a 10 but then again, price difference and specs have to be taken into account.

I'm not all too informed on the apple products, save for the Iphone and their MP3 players. Sadly, Malta where I live, is pretty much a windows oriantated lump of shit that mostly dishes out only DELL or HP laptops with the ocassional ASUS.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hiniberus[/nom]Sadly, Malta where I live, is pretty much a windows oriantated lump of shit that mostly dishes out only DELL or HP laptops with the ocassional ASUS.[/citation]
There's this brand new thing called the internet, it's great, you can buy stuff on it. You should try it sometime.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
This sounds like it is going to be very similar to the Archos Android Internet Tablet. I have one of those and love it. Especially, since it has the ability to be a DVR and a GPS. It does everything except make phone calls.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]There's this brand new thing called the internet, it's great, you can buy stuff on it. You should try it sometime.[/citation]
Shipping to Malta is probably very expensive.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]quantum mask[/nom]Shipping to Malta is probably very expensive.[/citation]
Only if you ship it from the US, it's like 60 miles off the coast of Italy, and they dont embargo the island like the US does with Cuba...

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Only if you ship it from the US, it's like 60 miles off the coast of Italy, and they dont embargo the island like the US does with Cuba...[/citation]
Is Malta a communist country that let Russia use it as a staging ground to attack Italy? I think you're comparing apples and oranges...

Status
Not open for further replies.