Report: Facebook Wants to Become an E-Money Institution

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
lets see a company that was founded on being free, then took it's user's info and sold it for hundreds of millions of dollars. Has publicly said they believe nothing should be private and now they want to hold our money? no thanks. I'll stick with BCs

gwwerner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I definitely wouldn't use facebook as a bank account. Being able to use facebook to pay back friends and family when I owe them small amounts would be useful, though. As it is, I only keep cash around to pay people back for tickets they have bought, or if I am contributing to a gift for someone. If I could use facebook to transfer the money, I wouldn't have to keep cash around at all. If have used paypal for this a few times, but many people don't have a paypal account, or if they do, they have never used it to send money to someone they know.

Facebook: First we took your data, now we will take your money :D.
I do have to say their bussiness plan is brilliant.
From the 1.5 billion users they have, even if 1% of them actually use this feature, its like hitting gold.

And expect friends you havent heard from for years start to pop up, asking if you got 10 bucks for a pizza or something....
Im quite sure some famous people might get some income thx to this as well...

Dont know how this will go, but im sure as hell gonna be having some fun watching it all from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.