Report: Google Building a Wireless Network in Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Turn this into a mobile carrier base network and they'll have a world wide Google Carrier Service.

Google Carrier+Android Phones

What more can you ask.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]What more can you ask.[/citation]
to answer your question, less big brother... more privacy.
a google that has names linked to every net activity is a very bad thing. if you don't understand why there are plenty of resources on the internet to help you understand the dangers of centralized databases on everything everyone does on the net.

...and just to pre-empt the inevitable "I have nothing to hide... yada yada". People probably fealt that way right before WWII. If you were Jewish in europe during that time then ypu would have had a lot to hide... basically any evidence of jewish culture in your life. Had Hitler had access to Google's server logs... you do the math. Care to predict what the next completely inocuous thing that will become the focus of arbitrary persecution? You should if you think it's a great idea for the google datamining operation to expand into full-text transcripts of every phone conversation, text message, photograph etc, that occurs on the google system.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I think they figured out that running fiber directly to homes will be more difficult and costly than attaching the fiber they already own to WIMAX devices and then selling that service with their Nexus devices and Chromebooks...

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
They also have Google Voice. If they can sell wireless internet access. I would be willing to drop my carrier for free phone and paid wireless. Granted, limited range, I hardly use the phone anyway for more than internet related things. Speaking on the phone: maybe 10 minutes a day, internet apps: at least 1.5 hours a day. $110 for 3 phones plus $30 min for internet of 2 gigs. Yeah, I would drop Verizon in a heart beat for a Google option.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]On other sites they vehiculate that will be WIMAX with speeds up to Gigabit/s.At that speed makes no difference if is fiber or not.[/citation]
False. Throughput is only part of the picture. No wireless carrier that I know of can match the low latency of wireline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS