Report: HP and Dr. Dre to Join Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As somebody in that field, it's all a bunch of meaningless elitism, and I doubt they have some brilliant and original product to blow away the established products. Nothing makes you look cooler than complaining about how it isn't as good as it was back in the day. Although the major record labels now are all pretty much shite-factories churning out stuff that sounds like everything else they release, but most of it does sound pretty good from a sound quality perspective... Dre is a pop-princess now anyways, much like Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, not cool, underground and original like he was in the 90s...

Bullheaded67

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Actually, the Beats headphones are very good for that price range. Of course he is getting paid but if he is also helping to raise the audio quality of the industry then I am all for it.

We have become so jaded as a society that it is hard to imagine someone doing something altruisticly.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So this article is about $350 headphones, and an un-substantiated rumor that Dr. Dre MIGHT have worked with HP on a laptop. Good to know I guess.

G

griffed88 wrote:
"lol yet another scheme to get the cash from uniformed consumers"

As opposed to those who wear more casual clothing?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]uniformed[/nom]griffed88 wrote:"lol yet another scheme to get the cash from uniformed consumers"As opposed to those who wear more casual clothing?[/citation]Now THAT is funny! I believe he meant, "un-IN-formed". Right?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Dr. Dre makes millions upon MILLIONS of dollars from his musical prowess and you think HE'S the one whoring his name??? LOL - If I didn't know any better I would think Dr. Dre could buy Interscope Records and HP and still have money left over to buy a pair of those headphones and a laptop.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Hmm. I could get a pair of grados headphones for that price. They better be some of the best headphones made for that price.

yadz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Dr. Dre makes millions upon MILLIONS of dollars from his musical prowess and you think HE'S the one whoring his name??? LOL - If I didn't know any better I would think Dr. Dre could buy Interscope Records and HP and still have money left over to buy a pair of those headphones and a laptop.[/citation]

Actually Interscope and HP are publicly owned multi-billion dollar corporations, HP is worth 113 billion dollars, even Bill Gates doesn't have that much money. Dr. Dre is worth around 150 million dollars http://knowyournetworth.com/andre_dr_dre_young_net_worth.html therefore he'll require around 1000x of his current net worth to purchase HP and interscope. So don't just go around forums posting crap.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I'm tired of people saying things like:
[citation][nom]griffed88[/nom]lol yet another scheme to get the cash from uniformed consumersI'm tired of people saying things like: [/citation]
It's called business, capitalism. Dr. Dre is trying to make money and raise sound quality. Just because someone is doing something to make money doesn't mean it's wrong. Dr. Dre is a powerful figure in the music industry and he's trying a business plan that has a positive impact on the rest of us, whether or not you buy his headphones. Seems legit to me.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]But that's what Tom's writers do...ZING![/citation]Are you kidding me? You need to re-read what I wrote before you make an ass out of yourself trying to make me look stupid. I said, "IF I DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER". What is your problem anyway? HP is a corporation and Dr. Dre is one person. Why on earth would I seriously compare the two? I am just pissed that people are saying Dr. Dre is WHORING his name. POST CRAP... Pffff

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Ut-o. Dre fan boi sounds mighty upset. Business is all about endorsements to give mediocre products a leg to stand on. I don't care who is on the Wheaties box..they still taste like crap. lol. If the headphones sound good, it's got nothing to do with Dre. The price however has everything to do with his name.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Raising sound quality? It probably just cuts the mids and boosts the lows. It will NOT increase the sample rate or bit depth of the stuff you listen to. Crap goes in, crap goes out. Buy a pair of frequency-flat headphones for half the price.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Are you kidding me? You need to re-read what I wrote before you make an ass out of yourself trying to make me look stupid. I said, "IF I DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER". What is your problem anyway? HP is a corporation and Dr. Dre is one person. Why on earth would I seriously compare the two? I am just pissed that people are saying Dr. Dre is WHORING his name. POST CRAP... Pffff[/citation]
lol... is this nerdrage even aimed in the right direction? I was merely taking an affectionate pot-shot at our esteemed writers. I appreciate the content they provide and their ability to keep us in the loop on the latest activities of the "Doctor", but it's just so easy to nit-pick their frequent spelling and grammatical errors. I suppose I could have put a smiley face at the end of my comment to illustrate the attempt at humor.

But what on earth were you referring to, Mlop?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]lol... is this nerdrage even aimed in the right direction? I was merely taking an affectionate pot-shot at our esteemed writers. I appreciate the content they provide and their ability to keep us in the loop on the latest activities of the "Doctor", but it's just so easy to nit-pick their frequent spelling and grammatical errors. I suppose I could have put a smiley face at the end of my comment to illustrate the attempt at humor.But what on earth were you referring to, Mlop?[/citation]

Sorry bout that, I realized I quoted and the wrong comment and got pissed . LOL! You know who it was meant for.

[citation][nom]Bullheaded67[/nom]Actually, the Beats headphones are very good for that price range. Of course he is getting paid but if he is also helping to raise the audio quality of the industry then I am all for it.We have become so jaded as a society that it is hard to imagine someone doing something altruisticly.[/citation]
For $350, you can get FAR better headphones than the Beats (for example the Denon AH-D2000, Grado SR325is, or Sennheiser HD650, among others). Dre is trying to sell stuff, not raise the quality of the audio in the industry (which is in desperate need of improvement, I might add...).

Status
Not open for further replies.