News Report: Intel 10th Gen CPUs Possibly Delayed Until June

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: Makaveli

tiggers97

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
June? That's about 20 months since the 9th gen was released. Almost 2 years. How much trouble is Intel trying to figure out to release a chip that supposedly just a slightly polished refinement of the last gen?

exroofer

Distinguished
Know what the most fascinating thing I got from this article? The "on sale" price of 9900k's. Lowest one is $548 USD at Walmart. I can buy a 3900x right now on Newegg for $589. Oh wait. That's my pricing, in Canadian dollars, on Newegg.ca. USD price? $480 ish. And it will drop right in to my Crosshair 6. (already bios flashed)
Push power button, xmp ram , enable PBO/xfr. Done.
Intel's greed on pricing is killing them more than anything else. That 6 core/12 thread part has to match a 3600x on price, and have mobo's in the $120 ish USD range to be competitive/worth considering. With unlocked overclocking . And an included cooler capable of handling same. Otherwise? DOA.

Giroro

Splendid
Wait, Intel hasn't even announced any of their 10th gen desktop chips yet?
I feel like we've been hearing about them and their magical 'slight iterative improvements' for over a year at this point.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
This article reporting a 40% gain performance gain on one sample running PassMark.

"However, the Core i7-10750H offers a nearly 40% improvement over its predecessor, the Core i7-9750H (11,617 points)"

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel...their-predecessors-respectively.456296.0.html
The performance of a mobile chip can vary hugely based on the power limit that has been configured, the cooling capabilities of the laptop, and the length/intensity of the test. Without these variables being carefully controlled, these results tell us next to nothing about the general performance difference between 9th and 10th gen.

And as said above, Passmark sucks.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Jaywood79

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019
We may not see Intel's next 10th Gen CPUs until June, according to a leaked slide.

Report: Intel 10th Gen CPUs Possibly Delayed Until June : Read more

I will be really surprised if it even comes out this summer as AMD updated their roadmap and will not bring out ryzen or threadripper this summer but will come out at the end of this year.

And Intel has been having problems with bringing out the 10nm.

Some think Intel will just skip 10nm and move on to 7nm that to come out next year.

TRENDING THREADS