Report: iPhone 5, iPad Mini Possible Debut on September 12

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]tlm man[/nom]Seems ironic to follow up a comment about immaturity with such an immature statement.As consumers, our job is to consume and critique, not create.[/citation]

[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Ummm, sorry to hurt your feelings. But the truth must be spoken loud and clear.[/citation]

As humans, it is best to lead by action. There is a saying that we were taught as children, "Actions speak louder than words". Turns out all those silly quotes we heard in elementary school reign true.

Apple can be perceived as a negative company in many ways, but it is also has its areas of brilliance as well, i.e. aesthetics.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
I can see the headlines now.

In other news.....This just in Best Buy reports record returns for customers who got a SGIII and thought it was an iphone5.

/iFAIL

hey at least android users know what the F##$king device LOOKS Like

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]ConSOULgamer1[/nom]It will likely take PCs two years to catch up to the tech in the new consoles, since they will be dedicated for gaming and much more powerful.And most AAA devs are moving away from PC because of piracy. Much like android users, PC gamers overpay for hardware and then can't afford software, so they resort to piracy.[/citation]
When the hardware is finalized for the next gen consoles, AMD and Nvidia will already be rolling out their next generation product lines. The current rumors are that both are using AMD graphics this time around, based on a variant of an HD6000 series card. The time it takes for R&D means they can't afford to just make late decisions and say go with an 8000 series when they actually reach market.

Piracy is a growing problem everywhere. The number of pirated PS3 and 360 games is growing rapidly. Digital Distribution services like Steam entice gamers to buy games since they offer amazing sales often. The future of gaming will be purley digital distribution and next gen consoles will face the same effects. The only way to combat piracy is for developers to create better games (not have built patched dlc games) and adapt a new pricing structure. The days of $60/game new release is over. Very few new games these days deserve that pricepoint.

Reduce the cost of the games, and piracy will go down. Price margins go down, but with digital distribution those profit margins take less of a hit with manufacturing savings. And if the price is low enough to combat nearly all piracy, then the total profit a company makes will far exceed what they ever could have with lower sales of a higher priced product.

G

Let me see, an iphone with a 4 inch screen, an ipad in 7 inch. Isn't that like copying rectangles with rounded corners?

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
the apple haters are a never ending source of wonder for me. I think a lot of the criticism is right, but its the tone that is so ridiculous. How can you get so pissed at this company for such petty things? WE ARE FIGHTING TWO WARS, THE PLANET IS IN DANGER OF A CATASTROPHIC ENVIRONMENTAL MELTDOWN! GET PISSED ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!!!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Meanwhile, no one is listening or cares, because educated consumers wisely chose to buy the new, far superior iPhone and are too busy browsing the incredible selection of apps in the app store, a luxury that jealous android kids don't have.

My next question is: When was the last time you had an IQ test?

Status
Not open for further replies.