Report: iPhone 5S Due in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
So basically nothing changes? This iPhone has had the same damn interface, features etc for the past couple years. This is annoying as hell now and is the sole reason as to why i'm grabbing a Galaxy S4.

So damn unimaginative.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]So is it built or designed? t aware of Apple manufacturing their own SoC.[/citation]
It doesn't say that Apple manufactured their own processors. But Apple absolutely had a very large internal ARM processor design teams. They even acquired an entire arm design company back when the original iPhone was being designed. Apple designs the processor, then they source a manufacturing entity to crank them out. But the actual chip design resources with Apple.

You can replace iP5>iP5S with iP3g>iP3GS, or iP4>iP4S, same stuff again...

This is getting repetitive, boring, uninspired, and so on.

Oh, surely it will come with some iOS upgrade (same old boring tired looks and functionality, though) that will be an exclusive to that model, even if the rest of iPhones will be getting the new iOS logo... and that's about it. And fans will rave about how unified iOS is.
LMFAO.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
It's cool that the source of this article is Tom's Hardware LOL.

It's already been a year since the last iPhone? Weird, feels like it's been a couple weeks. Meh, it's going to look exactly like the iPhone 5 and probably have like one "big" update like more megapixels camera and then a smaller one like a new iOS version that is iPhone 5S exclusive for a couple months or something stupid like that.

G

I bet a month's pay it looks no different then the 5. Waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 around then. 6.3 inch screen 1920 x 1080p, 4 gb ram, 13mp camera 2ghz quad core. Yeh I want a 5S lol.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
There's a reason why apple stocks are going down (below $400?) and the likes of Samsung and Google are going up. Their uninspiring rehashes and CEO are a couple of suggestions.

I'm betting they will get back to the "Summer" release schedule, so they can lock in "Back to School" kids. Since the current schedule is tailored more towards the Holiday sales, this might get them a bit more sales than waiting for the Holiday crowds.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]So basically nothing changes? This iPhone has had the same damn interface, features etc for the past couple years. This is annoying as hell now and is the sole reason as to why i'm grabbing a Galaxy S4. So damn unimaginative.[/citation]
Careful, the 4 is old news. Shouldn't be long till the Galaxy 5 is announced.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]This phone will look so pathetic when placed in the shadow of the Galaxy S4![/citation]

To me the S4 looks just like the S3, but I'm not going to take the piss out of you because of this. I guess Samsung like Apple have finally stumbled on a form factor that works for them and suck to it. Many iPhone customers don't want a drastic change in design as some will argue its the best looking phone on the market. A new CPU and GPU is a big deal in the world of Apple. Keeping ahead of devices with double the ram and 50% higher clock speeds in the Open GL benchmarks is really what Apple does best. Their CPU's are simply better than the opposition at the same clock speed.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Au_equus[/nom]There's a reason why apple stocks are going down (below $400?) and the likes of Samsung and Google are going up. Their uninspiring rehashes and CEO are a couple of suggestions.[/citation]

I laugh at you with your tablet wannabe! While your struggling to get 30fps in Real Racing 3 rendering pixels you can't even see I will be running at a smooth 60fps with high detail, reflections and shadows... Seriously, what is the point of such high DPI? I've just bought a 11.6" Windows 8 tablet running the same resolution and in Desktop mode it's overkill as everything is too small! I can understand why a 10" tablet would need this kind of resolution, but not a 5-6" phone, not when it's at the expense of render quality and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.