Report: Lenovo Aiming to Launch First Ever Windows 8 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristan_b

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
That is a completely folding laptop, not a tablet.

But anyways, I am excited to see how windows 8 will do on tablets. It looks great.

[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]1200 for a tablet...........Negative.[/citation]
But look at the spec's, up to 8gb of ram and 256gb of SSD, that's a lot more than what's out there now. This could be a fully functional portable computer, aside from the lack of keyboard.

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
i doubt if this would sell
$1200 for a tablet is high, ppl are happy with a smaller, lower price but fancier ipad.
13.3" is too large as a handheld device, 3.1lbs is even heavier than a netbook.
screen of tablet would not stand itself, means we have to hold it with hand, or bow our head.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Wow people, do you read??????? That's $1200 for the Yoga, a fully functional LAPTOP with a new unique convertible design into tablet mode and back again. It's not much different from past convertibles (just a new design). So yes, the $1200 price is fully justified, but considering this is Lenovo, they'll probably sell it for $1000.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... this laptop/tablet will suck...
1) keyboard folds backward... big possibility for hardware failure...
2) windows metro UI sux...
3) and for that price... this will be the last drop to switch to apple...
4) i repair wintel type computers... it would be nice to get a break at home at least...

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]$1200? Come on. Do they really expect to compete with such a high price?[/citation]

compeate with what? i havent looked but i have yet to see a apple slate or a worthwild linux slate.. where is this compatition.. if you mean android and ios well........ if only a audi had to compeate with a geo metro.. your talking real deal computer that can do what welll you want.. compairing it to some tonka toy tablet running some dumb phone os on it. besides if we compaire it to the price of a almsot there in some specs ipad.. its well only a couple hundred more expensive and again you get something that can do way way way more then those ugly little apple things. seriously if i was guna blow $900 on an ipad i would just buy something like this and get a real piece of hardware. at least i could do what i wanted with it with out breaking jobs 10 commandments.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
comparing this to an ipad or android tab is like comparing a bumpercar with a real one. and yes i consider this the real car...

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
An iPad? Thanks but no thanks. I need Windows OS and MS Office since my college requires Windows and MS Office 2007 package. Last time I had iPad it was unable to open some attachments from FTP and to upload stuff on. Plus I don't really want to rely on Apple product.

drzharn

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Why on earth would ANYBODY buy a product that has been proven to have spy chips in it, is beyond me. And the Lenovo Phone? OMG can you say espionage on a grand scale! These products should be BANNED world wide as long as they are made in China and by the Chinese Govt.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]drzharn[/nom]Why on earth would ANYBODY buy a product that has been proven to have spy chips in it, is beyond me. And the Lenovo Phone? OMG can you say espionage on a grand scale! These products should be BANNED world wide as long as they are made in China and by the Chinese Govt.[/citation]
And the world is flat too, Columbus lied.

And for god's sake people this isn't a tablet.

G

I'm sure this will sell like crazy, since nobody's EVER made a machine like it before. Certainly not for the last 10+ years to utter market irrelevance.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... this laptop/tablet will suck... 1) keyboard folds backward... big possibility for hardware failure... 2) windows metro UI sux...3) and for that price... this will be the last drop to switch to apple...4) i repair wintel type computers... it would be nice to get a break at home at least...[/citation]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v4boTbv9_nU#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeeOkHjV7nM&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.