Report: LG Building Next-Generation Chip Based On Cortex-A72 Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
my g3 never gets hot. I even had that thing running bionic for 12hrs straight over night on 4 cores.

besides that my screen never dims etc gaming on it causes it to get some what warm but the temps never seems to go over 65c

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
This will be DOA. TSMC will be behind Samsung/GF 14nm, making it too little too late and again dead. TSMC 16 has been pushed into mid-late 2016 for mass production most likely. Apple/Qcom/NV/Samsung will all have 14nm samsung fabbed stuff for xmas at worst.

I could be wrong but this really looks like DOA. I don't think they have a good enough SOC team to get the job done (two failures perf wise, and a third seemingly coming late on a late process?). If TSMC is late and so are you how do you win at 16nm?

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I'm talking devices in hand above, not soc ship dates. The first 3 names left TSMC 16nm for a reason (xmas or earlier (in samsung case and probably apple) devices on 14nm). Good luck LG. TSMC supposedly is now dedicating all resources to resolving whatever Samsung figured out that won these guys. GF will get samsung info quickly (they share) so 14nm should be abundant for Apple/Qcom/NV (in that order I guess if rumors are true) and GF will benefit from TSMC's failure probably the most. If samsung/apple themselves use up most of samsungs fabs, GF will gain a bunch of customers they couldn't before (temporarily at least). My 2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.