Report: Next iPhone Could Feature Curved Display

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dje90

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Fail on the photoshopping... That is a FLAT screen... Curved back though... But we're not talking about a curved back.

InvalidError

Titan

A common reason for companies doing something that does not seem to make a whole lot of meaningful sense: because they can... and there probably are people willing to pay a ridiculous premium for the novelty.

I have used a Nexus S in the past. Curved screen (curved top-to-bottom, like LG's, not side-to-side, like Samsung's) is actually conforming really nice to one's cheek during usage, and gives a good feel when using the screen in landscape position, as well (thumbs can reach easier towards the center of the screen). Since LG's recent phone can actually withstand an accidental straightening of the screen (say by sitting on it), I would say it's a pretty good implementation of that feature.

glass half empty

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
coming soon... the Iphone 6 Galaxy and Note. About time apple got with the program and built bigger phones. Too bad if the rumor is actually true, they are so late to market. Apple seems like the next blackberry. They keep pushing innovations that people don't want or care about. One handed texting, fingerprint scanner, colors... I could care less. All around me I see people dumping their beloved Iphone for androids with bigger screens.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Everything they do is a late copy.

Notification center - Copied
System toggles - Copied
Multitasking - Copied
Design language - Copied (and badly)
Curved screen (if it happens) - Copied
Lock screen camera shortcut - Copied

What exactly have they came up with themselves?

roger smith

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
i don't care if the screen is curved or if the thing is razor thin. in fact, i would actually prefer a shape closer to the traditional cordless phone. imagine a phone that's actually got a charge when you need it and with that much extra space, they could actually put a decent camera in there and we can finally put a death nail in the point and shoot coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.