Reports: Windows 7 Releasing This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrustratedRhino

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
So this is more of a "people want it sooner" piece rather than real news. Why not just title the article "Slow news day prompts rehash of empty news articles"?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This isn't a report... in fact there was another article from this same site talking about the exact same thing that was also mislabeled as a report. This is pure speculation and it has already been speculated on a very large amount.

There is a huge mobile phone conference going on in Barcelona maybe write up something about that.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]FrustratedRhino[/nom]So this is more of a "people want it sooner" piece rather than real news. Why not just title the article "Slow news day prompts rehash of empty news articles"?[/citation]
HAHA No doubt !

G

This is just a bunch of rumor mongering. There is no point in publishing an article if there is nothing new to report. Stop wasting people's time with this garbage.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The stupid thing about speculating that it will release in 2009 is that if it does, even according to this article, it would be around Christmas time when it most likely would've released in the early weeks of January 2010 anyways. So basically it's a week or two ahead of schedule. Either way, I don't see anyone other than XP users being excited about Windows 7. And I think those same XP users who hate Vista are just trying to find any excuse to keep from upgrading. Unless they offer some sort of extra cheap upgrade for Vista users, I'll be skipping Windows 7.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
although i played with windows 7 beta until my hearts content, i ain't going to buy it. ill continue to use windows xp and products like window blinds to bring to date my look and feel, but i cant see myself spending anymore money on vista, which basically is what windows 7 is. i already own two copies which i rarely use being i spend spend most of my time in windows xp. i guess ill be forced to upgrade sometime in the distant future when i get a new box that my xp wont run on, but who know before that i maybe dead from old age and of waiting for something better to come on by to justify me paying microsoft $250 per upgrade license. maybe if they would have given it away they would have made be feel a little better, or even if they would have asked for $50 and said i'm sorry for vista, but after vista, i'm still feeling sucker punched and taken for a ride.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Windows 7 is basically the same buggy and annoying vista.So who cares when it will come out. I prefer xp because it doesnt crash and ask for so much permission like vista, which is most likely what windows 7 is.

videoguy702

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
We all know Windows Vista was a poorly written operating system. We all paid for this mistake. Now, Microsoft wants us to pay full price, actually more than Vista was, for the correction in the form of Windows 7.

It's kinda like ordering a steak at a restaurant, after you've eaten your meal you get the check and see the price of the steak is higher than the menu price. You ask the waiter and he tells you the steak was harder to cook than originally thought, so the cook passes on his extra effort onto you in the form of more money.

Is that an honest thing to do (both the restaurant & Microsoft)?????

videoguy702

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
We all know Windows Vista was a poorly written operating system. We all paid for this mistake. Now, Microsoft wants us to pay full price, actually more than Vista's price, for the correction in the form of Windows 7.

It's kinda like ordering a steak at a restaurant, after you've eaten your meal you get the check and see the price of the steak is higher than the menu price. You ask the waiter and he tells you the steak was harder to cook than originally thought, so the cook passes on his extra effort onto you in the form of more money.

Is that an honest thing to do (both the restaurant & Microsoft)?????

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
i see microsoft stock price not going up, i see continued erosion of market share, i see more people switching to osx and linux.

asking vista customers to pay $220 to upgrade is to say the least poor judgement. someone at microsoft needs to be replaced.

i'm certainly not going to pay for it. i'll continue to run xp, i'll run linux, i'm shopping around for osx box. i've been with microsoft since ibm pc pc-dos 1.0. that is right 1.0 since the first pc. i owned one. never owned a mac. in my personal opinion microsoft is losing it's grip on the os. it's failing to innovate, deliver value to its customers. while we all love our xbox360's and their visual studio products, its lost its focus. oh by the way although i own two copies of windows office 2007, i still run office 2003, does what i need without the bloat.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
@ videoguy702:

"We all know Windows Vista was a poorly written operating system"

Do we? I'm not having any problems with it. There were certainly some hardware compatibility issues when it first came out, but those have been sorted out.

"Now, Microsoft wants us to pay full price, actually more than Vista's price, for the correction in the form of Windows 7"

Do you have a crystal ball? Because MS has said absolutely nothing about pricing for Windows 7, which is still in beta.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
i've googled allover the place the upgrade price is reported to be between based on what version of vista you have $99 - $220. I have two copies of ultimate. I'm willing to wait and see. Maybe someone at Microsoft will wake up and say what are we doing to our customer base, but I suspect they will continue to look at their revenue and stock price and say we need to make some money to get our stock price up and will continue to look at their customers as piggy banks.

68vistacruiser

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Right after the release of windows 7, expect to see new releases of all your old software because your old software won't work on Windows 7. I know, I tried the Beta of Windows 7 and pulled it the first day because nothing worked. I'll stick with my Vista64, which is rock solid and runs everything I have.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jsloan[/nom]i've googled allover the place the upgrade price is reported to be between based on what version of vista you have $99 - $220. I have two copies of ultimate. I'm willing to wait and see. Maybe someone at Microsoft will wake up and say what are we doing to our customer base, but I suspect they will continue to look at their revenue and stock price and say we need to make some money to get our stock price up and will continue to look at their customers as piggy banks.[/citation]
Reported by whom?

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
go to google type windows 7 pricing.

here from cnet

http://news.cnet.com/the-case-for-the-$50-windows-7-upgrade/

i've seen it as high as $200-$250 for windows 7 ultimate upgrade, ouch!

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
jsloan, it is still speculation that has not been confirmed as of yet. We still have to wait for more solid evidence from Microsoft itself stating the release dates and pricing, not just speculating articles.

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
come on people, vista, now, IS GREAT, i've been using it since it was released, except the compatibility for the first months, i am enjoying it in every aspect, from the GUI to its stability...
and windows 7, i did not use beta, but I think it'll be great, and greater than Vista.
and the pricing, it's too soon to determine the pricing, so we wait.
and the release date, I would only rely on MS's confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.