[SOLVED] Rescue Disk with UEFI - is it possible

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
There's much info on Rescue Disks and etc.
But looks like no Rescue Disk/Rescue USB can boot in UEFI mode?
I have modern laptop which only has UEFI, and no CSM, or Bios.
Written Eset Live Rescue on USB - error and can't launch... written Bitdefender rescue disk - can't launch. And Comodo can't boot also. My old PC does boot these rescue disks.
Thay all look pretty old, if you read their forums. Discontinued and etc. It looks like they are all created for old BIOS.
So are there any Rescue USB's that can boot with UEFI? By the way, I'd rather use some established brands, Like Eset, Bitdefender and so on.

psi

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Yes, when I disable Secure Boot and restart 2 times, "csm" or something else doesn't appear in BIOS. Fast boot is disabled all time.
It's American Megatrends, ver. 302.
Perhaps I need modern Rescue iso? But haven't found that yet, except Windows Defender which can boot apparently.

So anybody has other ideas? bump
A lot of these programs do not change the boot parameters of the usb,they only copy over the files.
You should use the free version (community) of easyBCD go to the BCD Deployment tab select the usb drive CAREFULLY ,if you select a drive that is vital to boot windows you will mess things up, and write a vista+ bcd/bootloader and install BCD.
You can do all of this with windows commands as well using windows's bcdedit.
Then try again to write a rescue disk and it should work.