Research Shows Fingerprint Sensor Accuracy Increases With Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan
The same can be said of image sensors in general. Larger cells tend to be less noisy and more sensitive while more pixels let you capture more details, or "features" as they call them here, more accurately.

I'm waiting to see the patents on using larger, higher resolution fingerprint sensors...

InvalidError

Titan

Finding people who are willing to pay good money to get told obvious things is an art by its own right.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Or as one of the presenters at one of the conferences I attended last week said: "When you have a Ph.D., you can say whatever you want and nobody will dare to object unless they have one too. I have two, so I can get away with telling twice as much BS."

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Would a wide-and-narrow sensor that the user swipes his/her finger over, capturing a full image, work?

A lot of laptops used that kind of sensor,but it's really frustrating to work with... You have to swipe your fingertip in exactly the correct speed, or the image the scanner sees is distorted and rejected. I think the best way is to have it under the screen as it's mentioned with the ultrasonic sensor or even better develop a sensor that is embedded in the digitizer itself and make a big part (or all) of the surface read fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.