Researchers Improve MRAM, Replace STT With Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
We'll see where it stands a year from now with all the other future techs. With a the memory industry complaining of low prices and low demand, and high end overclocked memory not being much of a benefit compared to standard speeds with good latency, I'm not sure we'll see much move to invest in significant tech advances, just the marginal if we're lucky.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
"resulted in computer memory that generates much less heat, making it 10 to 1,000 times more energy-efficient."

10 to a 1,000... that's a huge gap that translate to me as a lot of space for inaccurate info.
I like to read more about this when more accurate info is available.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Sumukh_Bhagat[/nom]Didn't understood much.
But Sounds good.[/citation]
Don't worry about it. Seems like we never hear about these "breakthroughs" ever again after they're announced. A similar comment was made on a similar article not too long ago.

But yeah, agree...it sounds cool.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
10 .. 1000 times? Someone tends to exaggerate.

As usual it is like particle physics. Yes we have so many particles. What are they called? lets just name them after each other. Then we can worry about if they really exist or not.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]"resulted in computer memory that generates much less heat, making it 10 to 1,000 times more energy-efficient."10 to a 1,000... that's a huge gap that translate to me as a lot of space for inaccurate info.I like to read more about this when more accurate info is available.[/citation]

Nope, that a huge space for difference between maximum power limits and minimum power limits.

This does not say anything whatsoever about whether the info is inaccurate or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.