News Researchers Jailbreak Tesla's $15,000 FSD With Unpatchable AMD Chip Flaw

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
So basically every ps and xbox console is also possible to jailbreak right?!
This could be really terrible for AMD, every big customer could stop using their APUs and it's the only thing that makes them money at times of low PC/GPU sales.
Nah, it will be fixed with a software patch. Just watch.

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
Nah, it will be fixed with a software patch. Just watch.
I'm not so sure about that. It's a hardware based attack and while some things can be done at the firmware level to help with that, odds are it may not be fully patchable.

Odds are it turns out to be like the DirectTV access card cat and mouse game that went on for years (also a hardware based attack).

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
I'm not so sure about that. It's a hardware based attack and while some things can be done at the firmware level to help with that, odds are it may not be fully patchable.

Odds are it turns out to be like the DirectTV access card cat and mouse game that went on for years (also a hardware based attack).
They could just remove the dormant modules, so you can't enable them via the hack.

wbfox

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, I'm going to cut my nose if it spites elon's face even more on this one. Stop spying on everyone at all times and stealing everything from our contacts to grocery lists and this stuff won't be as much of a problem, mmkay? You sold the thing, that means it's not yours anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.