Researchers Suggest Scalable Quantum Computing Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I know absolutely nothing about quantum computing, but I always read the article because Quantum and Qubits are such cool words :)

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I'm like officeguy.

And it seems like the kind of breakthrough that will blow us all away when everyday use finally comes to fruition

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
This is the only reason I want to live forever, so many amazing innovations and scientific breakthroughs in our understanding of the universe, and I'll be missing the vast majority of them. People (usually) can't comprehend the fact that all the technology we see today, the way we live, think, it'll all be drastically different one day. Probably beyond any scifi move we've ever made. I can only wish my evolved brethren the best of luck at unlocking the secrets and meaning of reality.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
The history of Science is not a mere record of isolated discoveries; it is a narrative of the conflict of two contending powers, the expansive force of the human intellect on one side, and the compression arising from traditionary faith and human interests on the other.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
At some point I would like to see a Quantum computer actually compute something. To this day I have yet to see an actual description of a Turing complete quantum computer.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]TheMadFapper[/nom]This is the only reason I want to live forever, so many amazing innovations and scientific breakthroughs in our understanding of the universe, and I'll be missing the vast majority of them. People (usually) can't comprehend the fact that all the technology we see today, the way we live, think, it'll all be drastically different one day. Probably beyond any scifi move we've ever made. I can only wish my evolved brethren the best of luck at unlocking the secrets and meaning of reality.[/citation]

You might not miss any of it and you might be one of the evolved ones yourself. In future our technology might become so advanced that healthcare will become so potent that eventually as people get older they may actually start to look younger so that lifespan becomes indefinite and also individuals might be able to evolve rather than just species as a whole. It would help if luddites and religiots sit down and shut-up finally. It seems you don't know about Ray Kurzweil and Aubrey de Grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.