[SOLVED] Reset BIOS settings to Default now games run bad

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 16, 2019
Reset BIOS settings to Default now games run bad

heres the test cpu and gpu running not like they should do i need help.

Please help me! Thank you! :D

csgo run 100/200 fps now it wont run on all low 40 fps with massive drops please help me
specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8150

RAM: 8GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR3

MOTHERBOARD: GA-970A-D3 (Socket M2)

Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6950 POWERCOLOR 1GB

Storage 1T Hitachi HDD

ttps://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21795496

Last edited:
Solution
So I fricked up my graphic card one of the screws broke off on it now idle pc is 80celsius so I probs need to save up for a new GPU :( life is sad
You might be able to remove the broken screw with some tools. As a temporary fix, if you can get the broken screw out, replace it with one of the other screws that do not hold the heat-sink down near the GPU chip. Basically one of the screws at the rear of the card.

If you can't remove the broken screw, you could sell the card and put that toward a new card. If you can't buy a new card, try looking through used markets for your region. I don't know where you live or what your currency is, so I can't really suggest a replacement other than performance upgrades. A GT 1030 is a little...
Nov 16, 2019
You said the fans were very loud and you used Speedfan to lower the fan speed. The reason it was so loud is because it was running full speed trying to keep the CPU and the GPU cool because they may be overheating. Turn off or uninstall any programs you have running that change the Fan speeds of the CPU or GPU and then run the userbenchmark and CSGO. Reply with the results for both.
when i put the other hard drive and installed graphic drivers everything runs fine i think? the benchmarks are awesome so far

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21847366

:D

I got a slow internet gonna take a few hours to download cs I will try it tho!
Instead of redownloading CSGO, you could hook up the other hard drive you were using and copy the Steam folder over to the new drive. The path would be the same assuming you installed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. Everything you already downloaded will be in the steamapps folder (Steam\steamapps\common.)

Edit - Make sure Steam is completely shutdown before you copy the folder over so when you start it back up it can redownload anything it needs to download.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019
Instead of redownloading CSGO, you could hook up the other hard drive you were using and copy the Steam folder over to the new drive. The path would be the same assuming you installed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. Everything you already downloaded will be in the steamapps folder (Steam\steamapps\common.)

Edit - Make sure Steam is completely shutdown before you copy the folder over so when you start it back up it can redownload anything it needs to download.
So ran csgo its 70+ fps lowest like 55 and after like 10-20mins pc shuts down what now :(

So ran csgo its 70+ fps lowest like 55 and after like 10-20mins pc shuts down what now :(
If the system is shutting down after 10-20 minutes of gaming it most likely means the system is over heating. It could also mean the power supply has a problem, but probably not if the system was already working fine before.

This all started when you cleaned and replaced the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU. What tutorial were you using to reapply thermal paste on the CPU and GPU? Can you describe how you are cleaning and applying the thermal paste. How you are placing the heat-sinks down onto the paste?

Nov 16, 2019
UOTE="Third-Eye, post: 21419247, member: 518934"]
If the system is shutting down after 10-20 minutes of gaming it most likely means the system is over heating. It could also mean the power supply has a problem, but probably not if the system was already working fine before.

This all started when you cleaned and replaced the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU. What tutorial were you using to reapply thermal paste on the CPU and GPU? Can you describe how you are cleaning and applying the thermal paste. How you are placing the heat-sinks down onto the paste?
[/QUOTE]
So I fricked up my graphic card one of the screws broke off on it now idle pc is 80celsius so I probs need to save up for a new GPU :( life is sad

You might be able to remove the broken screw with some tools. As a temporary fix, if you can get the broken screw out, replace it with one of the other screws that do not hold the heat-sink down near the GPU chip. Basically one of the screws at the rear of the card.

If you can't remove the broken screw, you could sell the card and put that toward a new card. If you can't buy a new card, try looking through used markets for your region. I don't know where you live or what your currency is, so I can't really suggest a replacement other than performance upgrades. A GT 1030 is a little slower than your HD 6950 and a GTX 950 or 1050 would be close to a 40% upgrade depending on the game. An RX 460 or 560 would be close in performance to a GTX 1050. CSGO won't run much faster, but should be good for at least 100-120fps on your system with high settings.

Solution