Question Resizing Google Chrome causes the whole computer to flicker.

Vince_Glitcher

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2015
About 3 months ago, after hearing that Microsoft has finally fixed all their issues with Build 1809, I happily downloaded it and updated my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming). But after I've updated it, I've noticed that resizing, snapping any Google Chrome windows would cause my whole system to flicker. Even popups such as those that websites would open after clicking "Login with Facebook" would cause the whole system to flicker and the only way to fix this is to restart the laptop.

I thought this might be that an active Google Chrome window is causing this issue so I've tried opening task manager to force close Chrome, but I've noticed that anything Windows Explorer related would be blank and transparent and the only thing that would pop up is the border and title bar for that specific window.

I've tried reinstalling Google Chrome and that fixed the issue for a bit, it would still cause the screen to flicker but it would stop after awhile. But recently this issue got so bad to the point where I couldn't even move the cursor.

Here are my specs (Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming):
Windows 10 Home Build 1809
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti (Driver ver. 419.17)
RAM: 8GB

Please help!

Hello

Can you please confirm if the issue is only with Google Chrome in particular or with all other web browsers?

Also, please confirm if the graphics driver is updated. If it is, and the problem is there, please try installing a previous version. Sometime the latest drivers have compatibility issues and fail to perform as correctly.

Please report back with the details to allow us to help you with a better solution.

Cheers!!