Resolution or Extra Frames

Jan 5, 2019
Right now I have a tv screen for a monitor with a resolution of 1366x768. My eyes have been starting to strain recently because of sitting 2 feet away from a tv so I want to upgrade to a better actual gaming monitor. I found a Monitor at 1080p but realized about how my fps and overall performance of games would react with that. So right after I found a dinosaur of a monitor (what I am using right now actually) only because it had a resolution of 1600x1200 and I got on Battlefield v(settings were all low except for mesh quality was on medium) and went from an average of about 65 fps with my 1366x768 screen to about a 60 average fps with the 1600x1200 screen. This really got me thinking as to how much 1080p will affect performance. games like battlefield 1 and rainbow six siege I don't have a problem with as they both run above 80 although I do lose about 15 fps with 1600x1200. So basically the question is, is a 1080p monitor which will look better worth it for the loss of fps.

Pc specs:
cpu: Dual intel xeon x5650 (I know gaming on a xeon is not the best but its the only thing i have access to)

Gpu: GTX 760 2gb

32 gb of ram

I know my pc is kind of out of date but i'm in highschool so funds are limited and most of this came from my dads work. Anyway I really just need advice on which is more important

Thanks in advance! :D