[SOLVED] Resolution stuck at max 1280 x 1024

Dec 10, 2021
I just bought AOC monitor 24G2E.
My graphic card is gygabite 1660, it has 3 dp and 1 hdmi output. When i use hdmi cable, my resolution is fine, i can set the resolution at 1920 x 1080 144hz. But when i used DP cable the resolution stuck at max 1280 x 1024 60hz.
I tried googling and youtube nothing works.
I update nvida driver, i uninstall driver on device manager, installing previois version nvidia driver, none of them works. Please help i am desperate

Solution
yes, i have recently experienced this bizarre behavior on my ultra wide screen 2560 x 1080 on Display Port on my RX5700XT. I just could not figure out WHY it was suddenly doing this. In the end, I had to get the spare monitor out of the cupboard and connect it, then reconnect the ultra wide and it seemed to cure it. However, now it takes a long time to decide to display a screen on first boot whereas before the desktop was displayed in an instant. So, I can't answer your question.
On another monitor I use which is a 2560 x 1440 it works perfectly.
Im on Window 10 build 19044.1348

Maybe try a different DP on your GPU ?
yes, i have recently experienced this bizarre behavior on my ultra wide screen 2560 x 1080 on Display Port on my RX5700XT. I just could not figure out WHY it was suddenly doing this. In the end, I had to get the spare monitor out of the cupboard and connect it, then reconnect the ultra wide and it seemed to cure it. However, now it takes a long time to decide to display a screen on first boot whereas before the desktop was displayed in an instant. So, I can't answer your question.

Solution
Dec 10, 2021

I already tried that multiple times :(

Dec 10, 2021
I fixed it. Here what i did. I disconnect my old monitor (both monitor was connected, new monitor using DP input, the old one using HDMI )
I use HDMI cable on the new monitor and change the refresh form 60hz to 144hz. Unplug the hdmi cable and replug the DP cable. And it works. I don't know why it works. It just did