Question [RESOLVED] New PCI wifi card shows as "Secured, no internet access" ?

Jul 26, 2022
So I got a new pci wifi and bluetooth card (EDUP EP-9655), installed the drivers, but when I try to connect to my home wifi (ZTE h2640) it keeps showing as "secured, no internet access". I tried everything including:
  • changing dns to google's
  • dns flush
  • disabling ipv6
  • tried both the drivers form the site and the included disk
  • different pci slots
  • disabling firewall
  • restoring windows
Then i connected to my phone hotspot and everything worked fine.
so i thought it may be the router's fault, so I tried:
  • turning it off and on
  • factory resetting
  • setting static ip address for my pc
and nothing worked.
PLS any help is appreciated

btw the bluetooth works fine
My pc specs:
Motherboard: msi b450-A pro
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
gpu: radeon rx 6600

SOLUTION:
Resolved by using a second modem as an access point (so a second modem is required).
To do that i went into the gateway of the second modem, set it's ip gateway to 192.168.1.2 and disabled DHCP.
Went to my primary modem set the DHCP pool to start from 192.168.1.3, and connected them together with an ethernet cable.
In the end the problem was my ISP's modem (ZTE h2640) and I still don't know what's the problem.

Last edited:
I though I saw that device recently and there is a very similar post from a couple days ago.

After digging around I too found a number of similar complaints but I have not seen anyone with a solution yet. It could be a driver issue but it also could be a card that has a manufacturing defect. Do you have the option to return it and buy another brand.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
I have exactly the same issue, since many, many months.

And yet internet is available and connected des[ite the message. Also tried everything, then left it alone. If it's working, that's all I need.

Jul 26, 2022
check if the connection is set to private or public , set it to private

Is your phone or other device getting internet access by wifi from that router?

change the wifi password of the router or disable it for quick testing
already tried both private a public did nothing
and yes every other device is connected to internet

Jul 26, 2022
I though I saw that device recently and there is a very similar post from a couple days ago.

After digging around I too found a number of similar complaints but I have not seen anyone with a solution yet. It could be a driver issue but it also could be a card that has a manufacturing defect. Do you have the option to return it and buy another brand.
unfortulately i can't get a refound since i got it directly from china, and I live abroad

So I got a new pci wifi and bluetooth card (EDUP EP-9655), installed the drivers, but when I try to connect to my home wifi (ZTE h2640) it keeps showing as "secured, no internet access". I tried everything including:
  • changing dns to google's
  • dns flush
  • disabling ipv6
  • tried both the drivers form the site and the included disk
  • different pci slots
  • disabling firewall
  • restoring windows
Then i connected to my phone hotspot and everything worked fine.
so i thought it may be the router's fault, so I tried:
  • turning it off and on
  • factory resetting
  • setting static ip address for my pc
and nothing worked.
PLS any help is appreciated

btw the bluetooth works fine
My pc specs:
Motherboard: msi b450-A pro
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
gpu: radeon rx 6600
Since your new card has a new mac address, did you check your router's settings for access control and is the new mac address included on your router's whitelist of allowed devices?