Respawn Confirms Development Of 'Titanfall 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Success or no success.. am i the only one who hates this 1-2 year release date of another successor ? Are we getting like the phone industry where there`s a new model at less than 1 year a part ?

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Franchises are fine, but there needs to be a fair amount of time in between releases, especially if there's DLC. The worst thing about call of duty is the new game every year, so you're always having to buy a new game or new DLC, and there's ever any time to just enjoy the game without being expected to shell out more dough.

"...simply load up the Origin client..."

That part of the sentence sent a chill up my spine and made me cringe. It would be nice to play EA games on pc, but it's not worth downloading the Origin client.

I bought Titanfall for PC when it came out and didn't play it all that much because most of my time on PC gaming is with either BF4 or Rocksmith 2014. When I first played it, I thought it was pretty good and a fresh change from the standard shooter, but was more concerned with getting my unlocks in BF4.

Flash forward to last month...

The deluxe edition (has all of the DLC/expansions) went on sale on Games with Gold on the Xbox One last month for $12.50 and I bought it to see how it played on the Xbox One compared to the PC version (I have a 3930K and GTX980 so the graphics are great on PC).

I have never like playing shooters let alone multi-player shooters on a console because I don't have my Kb/Mouse combo (I couldn't stand playing BF Hardline Beta or COD Ghosts on the console at all), but this game somehow makes a shooter fun and competitive for anyone with the controller on a console. The graphics and surround sound are also great on the Xbox One (of course they're better on the PC, but comparatively impressive on the Xbox One).

I haven't been too impressed with these "next-gen" console games in general, but I will say Titanfall on the Xbox One has become one of my favorite multi-player shooters and games ever.

I'm definitely looking forward to part deux and will be playing that game on the console.

Never4Nothing

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Titanfall is a fun game, but the decision to use a half @ss aimbot known as a "Smart Pistol" was a terrible decision. "Gamers HATE aimbot cheaters so let's just include one in our game so gamers can hate it right away!" I hope they listen to the gaming community on the next version.

At first, I thought it would be like an aimbot-enabled gun too. After playing the game quite a bit, I now don't consider the smart pistol a problem only because it takes a while to lock on to other players It is really hard to be competitive in a 'Pilot Hunter' match (think team deathmatch if your not familiar with this game mode) using the smart pistol against decent players because of the slower lock-on. It does lock on to AI grunts and spectres quickly so it gives even beginning players a chance to contribute to their team. The smart pistol is slow to lock on to other players even with the 'enhanced aiming' tactic chosen so there is definitely a disadvantage to using the smart pistol over any firearm you manually aim.

On the other side of the coin, if you're not very good with your aim on a console's controller, you can still have a decent amount of fun using it by picking up the grunts and spectres for your team as well as the occasional player who's not paying attention.

Never4Nothing

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Ubercake. I can understand your assessment of the Smart Pistol for the "Noob" console players who obviously is not a Gamer and wants an easy gun to get kills with, but that just leads to my point. It ruins the game when you have a bunch of players using auto-targeting weapons on small maps. Auto-targeting on PC game is NOT accepted by the gaming community. I know many people who hate Titanfall because of the Smart Pistol, it's a shame because it is a great game and deserve more recognition.

ftw2

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
I enjoyed the game for PC. had a lot of fun. Sure bf4 is better overall and has way more content, but I wasn't dissappointed by titanfall. They play a lot differently.

The smart pistol is fine. It's no match for most of the other weapons in a head to head encounter.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I agree with Ubercake I actually like the smart pistol because my aim isn't super human so it allows me to actually get some kills sometimes (aka have fun).

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Ubercake. I can understand your assessment of the Smart Pistol for the "Noob" console players who obviously is not a Gamer and wants an easy gun to get kills with, but that just leads to my point. It ruins the game when you have a bunch of players using auto-targeting weapons on small maps. Auto-targeting on PC game is NOT accepted by the gaming community. I know many people who hate Titanfall because of the Smart Pistol, it's a shame because it is a great game and deserve more recognition.

the gun on players is absolutely worthless, but the gun on the ai is good. the game is suppose to be fast paced, but it doesn't have the mechanics of an early ut or quake, if you are dieing to the smart pistol as a player... that means you suck as they had to hold that crap on you for 5 -7 seconds with ever losing track of you.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Success or no success.. am i the only one who hates this 1-2 year release date of another successor ? Are we getting like the phone industry where there`s a new model at less than 1 year a part ?
hasn't this already been the situation for the past 8 or 9 years?

right2myopinion

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
5-7 seconds for Smart Pistol Lock on? Who are you kidding? I love the way Smart Pistol users defend that gun to death. There's a reason why they love the gun so much... I used to use the Smart Pistol just to piss off people for the easy kills. Run and wait for it to auto lock on something... 4 targets locked, shoot, wow killed a pilot as a bonus. LOL. I'm just being honest!

Aozora7

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015

alextheblue

Distinguished
"...simply load up the Origin client..."

That part of the sentence sent a chill up my spine and made me cringe. It would be nice to play EA games on pc, but it's not worth downloading the Origin client.
It's not that bad. I prefer other distro platforms but it's not going to change my decision to play or not play a particular game. If you actually wanted to play a particular EA title on PC you'd have done so already, Origin or not. :p

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Titanfall is a fun game, but the decision to use a half @ss aimbot known as a "Smart Pistol" was a terrible decision. "Gamers HATE aimbot cheaters so let's just include one in our game so gamers can hate it right away!" I hope they listen to the gaming community on the next version.

But but... thats like most console shooters that has any speed in them... =P

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
The Smart Pistol is crap. It helps noobs with no skills get easy kills. and yes, that is incredibly lame.
But honestly, you'd have to be a noob to use it. If you have any skill at all, you'll get WAY more kills with other guns. So in that sense, the smart pistol is not overpowered at all, it's just a noob gun for noobs, period.
An overpowered gun would let skilled players dominate to a point that no other gun is useful. That is not the case with the smart pistol, skilled players don't wast any time with it.

I often get frustrated using the smart pistol during attrition matches where the gun does wonders for taking out grunts and spectres, but if I get into a gun fight with a pilot, I almost don't stand a chance because of the long lock-on time. Also, if you're cloaked and a pilot runs by without noticing you, you can kill them right away with a shottie, R97, LMG or any other gun before they can turn around. With the pistol, you have to wait for the lock-on and half the time, they jump somewhere out of your sights. I think it's good how they implemented it. The slow lock-on when targeting pilots is a definite equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.