Restart loop upon first boot

Christian8886

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Building a PC, after putting it all together it began to turn off and then back on after about 2 or 3 seconds. I then unplugged everything except for the CPU, PSU, fans, and the motherboard. The problem still occurred, because of this, I think it is one of the above components. If anyone has any ideas on how to test whether or not it is for sure a certain component or just has a magic fix that would be wonderful. Thanks.

Partlist:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZRNXYr

EDIT: I should also mention that there are no beeps or debug codes.

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
1. Attempt to boot in Safe Mode.
If you can boot the system properly in Safe Mode -- press F8 at startup -- there's a good chance whatever is wrong revolves around a device driver. Safe Mode loads its own set of fail-safe drivers, which are minimally functional, but more importantly, stable.

2. Disable the auto-reboot function.
By default, the Windows's automatic reboot-on-crash function is enabled on many systems, and this is likely contributing to the problem by not allowing you to see an actual crash screen. To disable the feature, the registry on the machine needs to be edited.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCrashControl, and either create or edit a DWORD named AutoReboot, and set it to 0.

Christian8886

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015

With the system restarting after only a couple seconds I can't get that far. The OS also hasn't been installed yet.
This is the first start up attempt.

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

ah I see... if that's the cease it just like mine about 4 months ago.
I solved it by reassembling the component, but I found this was my CPU cooler doesn't installed properly, but it might be different with your problem.