SSD: 1x Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (boot)
1x Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
CPU: i7- 4790k @ 4.0 Ghz
CPU FAN: Noctua nh-d15
RAM: 2x 8GB stick of Corsair Vengeance LP RAM
CASE FANS: 3 Cosair fans that came with the case and 2 Noctuas
CASE: Corsair 760t
LIGHTING: 2x generic LED lights I got at Frys that plug right into molex

So the problem is that when playing games my computer will just go black and restart. As of yesterday I thought it was just games but I was sitting there watching a video and boom it just goes and restarts. no warning, no BSOD, nothing at all.
I have tested my RAM 10x on memtest and passed all tests flawlessly. I was running a CPU stress test and I was out of the room and come back to fine computer had restarted. Not sure what happened there but the software I was using apparently wasnt powerful enought to tell me what had happened. Most people that experience this problem say its the PSU but Im not sure. My build it <1 year old with almost no stress put onto it. I have some voltages here not sure what other information I can provide that will help you guys. If anything is needed please let me know. As for my OS I did do the free upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Not sure if that helps any. Havent done any clean installs though. All drivers are up to date as well.
VOLTAGES:
CPU CORE: 1.069
CPU I/O: 1.016
SYSTEM/3.3V: 3.312
SYSTEM/5V: 5.040
SYSTEM/12V: 12.192
DRAM: 1.505
INTERNAL GPU: In bios reads as 0.000
These are taken from BIOS.
As for Temperature enverything runs fine. Average temp for CPU under load is ~~ mid to high 50s maybe very low 60s
same fore GPU.
No way its an overheat thing. Some say to check the PSU under load to see if the fan stops spinning and I havent tried yet because the way the psu is mounted on this case the fan is facing down and Id have to tip my whole build to see it and I didnt feel like doing it until I knew for sure it was the PSU.
Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
EDIT: forgot to mention nothing is overclocked and Im using MSI afterburner for temp readings.

Airdoc

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016

Honestly I went from owning a factory built computer to building my own. I really dont know much about the voltages. Or how to change them. Im not sure how these voltages compare to the voltages I would get in real time. Again this is from BIOS not like an actual monitoring software so Im not sure. I have a psu that I will wire up in a few hrs and post back results.

Airdoc

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
So I switched the PSU's and not only does it not have any problems on the other computer I did get a shut off. May be worth mentioning that under load my CPU runs at 4.36 GHz while it should be at 4.00. I know this is due to the MOBO automatic turbo feature. Could this be the cause?