restarts???!

G

I am running a kt7-raid mb. i purchased it 2 months ago, and ever since i have been having this problem. My computer will just restart for no reason. It does it about once a day, and i run a server online that i cant i afford to have this happen. I was runnin overclocked before, but i'm not anymore and the problem keeps happening. here are my specs

windows 2000 professional
kt7-raid motherboard
duron 750mhz
450w power supply
60gb + 6.7gb hard drives
sound blaster 16
voodoo3 3500tv
8x4x32 hp cd-burner
36x cd-rom
netgear ethernet card

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Do you have high quality memory like Crucial and did you install the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers? 4.25a are still the official drivers, I believe. You might want to try conservative memory settings in the BIOS.

You might also want to get Motherboard Monitor which can keep a log of CPU temperatures.

G

i just reinstalled the 4-in-1 drivers... and it did it again. I have 256mb ram pc 133 installed. i have the cpu monitor installed, and the temp's are normal... hanging around 95.

dhlucke

Polypheme
A cheap power supply will do this. Some vendors rate thier p/s based on peak voltage instead of rms, so you are actually not getting what you think you paid for. I'm not saying this is your problem, but is your powersupply approved and where did you buy it from?

If you have an engineer as a friend, have him test your p/s just in case with a voltometer.