Resting my laptop

screwwindowsupdates

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
A resent windows update messed up some of my .dll files resulting in several games I play no longer working. When i tried to launch the game, i could not and "msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer" was the reason given. I went and downloaded the missing file, put it in the right place, and now i get "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000007b)".

I was wondering if resting my laptop or restoring it to factory settings would fix the issues. I don't want to go through the trouble of reseting/restoring and then waiting for hours for it to be done only to find that the files that have been messed up are still messed up.

Will a reset/restore fix my problems? or will it not change anything? please help

I have an ASUS laptop
i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHZ processor
8GB of ram
64-bit
running windows 10

Solution
try this first

open a command prompt with admin rights
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and checks them out.

once you have run that, also run this in same menu (copy/paste is in as spacing is important)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and once its complete, redo a SFC again. These commands fix Windows files up, so might fix your dll problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
try this first

open a command prompt with admin rights
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and checks them out.

once you have run that, also run this in same menu (copy/paste is in as spacing is important)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and once its complete, redo a SFC again. These commands fix Windows files up, so might fix your dll problem

Solution