[SOLVED] Restore point?

Solution
i can't say i ever tried to make it do that. i don't use it very often so can't say i have a large experience base with it. i do know that sometimes it deleted new programs and other times it did not.

considering that i know it mainly restores system settings, how the program installs would make a difference in whether the restore point overwrites it or not.

what are you hoping to accomplish with the restore point? some info on what you did and are now trying to undo would be very helpful in offering some advice :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
system restore will reset system settings and not personal data or installed apps.

so installed apps would likely be ok if you use the restore point.

edit: i should add that sometimes system restore will delete an app and sometimes it won't. depends on how the installer worked and what was changed

Last edited:

CoffeeStoreGuy

Honorable
May 7, 2017
system restore will reset system settings and not personal data or installed apps.

so installed apps would likely be ok if you use the restore point.

edit: i should add that sometimes system restore will delete an app and sometimes it won't. depends on how the installer worked and what was changed
Is there any way to make it delete the apps that I installed after the restore point?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can't say i ever tried to make it do that. i don't use it very often so can't say i have a large experience base with it. i do know that sometimes it deleted new programs and other times it did not.

considering that i know it mainly restores system settings, how the program installs would make a difference in whether the restore point overwrites it or not.

what are you hoping to accomplish with the restore point? some info on what you did and are now trying to undo would be very helpful in offering some advice :)

Solution