Restore RAID0 to RAID1 from system image

Nov 10, 2018
I have a system (Windows 7) installed on Intel RST RAID0. Can I "migrate" the system to new empty single disk or new empty Intel RST RAID1 on the same computer? Would it work with Windows built-in Backup&Restore application?
I thought, I could first create a system image of current RAID0 on an external disk. Remove disks of the current RAID0. Install 2 new disks and create RAID1 from BIOS ((Ctrl+I) during POST. Then boot from Windows installation disk and install Windows on the newly created RAID1 volume. Then restore the system image to this volume. Would it work? What are possible traps and specific issues? Can I try this safely and if this does not work correctly, go back to the current setup? My RAID0 is currently healthy. The reason for migration is my conclusion, this solution is too risky, so better to have the system volume a bit slower but redundant. Another option would be to restore the system to a single SSD instead of RAID1 (my current RAID uses hybrid disks).
What do you think?
WJ

Nov 10, 2018
Solved. Use EasUS Todo Backup. Clone RAID0 to single disk. Delete volume on RAID0. You get 2 Non-RAID drives. Create RAID1 from them, eventually wiping both drives before. Boot up from sing le disk. Clone the single disk to new RAID1. Done. EaseUS Todo Backup supports this scenario. Don't change SATA mode in BIOS. it must remain set to RAID. If you change RAID to AHCI (while booting temporarily from single disk clone, you RAID configuration (and data on old RAID) is lost. There were no answers, probably because RAID configurations are not often used on home computers. So I needed to experiment and could find the solution. Maybe it can help someone :)