Question Results for i7 10600KF Cinebench R23 are lower with 1766pts for Multi Core and 194pts for Single Core

UniformGreen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
Like the title says, my CPU is way weaker than I anticipated.

To give a backstory, today I decided to undervolt my CPU to see how stable it is. I've had this CPU for almost 2 years and I am running it stock (I had a quite old PSU until recent and I was afraid to blow my system up overclocking it) and I downloaded Cinebench R23 to get some readings for the default voltage (1.3 - 1.4v) but once I got the results I was shocked. I knew that a delta is possible between systems, but I did not think that it would be a 13%+ difference for the single core and 18+ multi core.

This is not a throttle related issue as my CPU never goes above 76C.

My Cinebench R23 results are the following:
Single Core 1197 pts
Multi Core 8723 pts

Before upgrading to this CPU I had an i7 6700 (non K) and the Single Core for that one was almost 1100 pts (I don't remember the exact figure as I don't have it anymore), I don't think these differences should be this small, as on CPU-Monkey my CPU gets 1391 pts for single core and 10489 for multi core.

Not to mention that my Ram and PSU are brand new, I bought them 2 days ago

My system:
CPU: i5 10600KF 4.1 GHz (running at 4.5GHz all core turbo)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4 3600MHz Dual Channel
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

not a throttle related issue
Most throttling issues are caused by the turbo power limits being set to default values in the BIOS. Power limit throttling is more common than thermal throttling.

Run ThrottleStop 9.5 and open up the Limit Reasons window while Cinebench is running. Post a screenshot if you see any boxes light up red under the CORE column of Limit Reasons. Also show me the TPL and FIVR windows.

Some Gigabyte Z490 boards use excessive voltage at default settings.