News Retailer Bundles $100 Steam Gift Card With RTX 40-Series Purchases

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I like this. While I would prefer a price drop instead of some bundled credit, the idea of having a Steam gift card is way better than being forced into accepting a big publisher title. There's little variety and innovation in the AAA space. Good job, Micro Center!

Looks like Micro Center has a huge inventory of RTX 40-series models. Lots of them are showing up as "25+ in stock" as compared to most RTX 30-series models showing in the single digits. People don't appear to be buying. The RTX 4070's appear to be the most overstocked. Hopefully this means gamers are rejecting Nvidia's higher prices.

LostFate

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2015
Now, if only it were possible to find a RTX 4090FE through literally anyone other than a scalper. Are they sitting on that much stock of 3rd party cards that they need to incentivize people to buy them? If so, what does that say about the 3rd party cards?

Eric Van Boven

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2013
Now, if only it were possible to find a RTX 4090FE through literally anyone other than a scalper. Are they sitting on that much stock of 3rd party cards that they need to incentivize people to buy them? If so, what does that say about the 3rd party cards?
Yup this. Been waiting so long. The FE just looks better than the rest. Maybe time for Nvidia to stop using 3rd party cards.

D

Deleted member 2838871

The free Redfall game I got had nothing to do with my 4090 purchase. I don't much care about a $50 game (or $100 gift card) on a $1750 item. I'd have made the purchase with no incentive at all. I definitely wasn't sitting here saying "I really want a 4090 but only if I get a free game with it!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yup this. Been waiting so long. The FE just looks better than the rest. Maybe time for Nvidia to stop using 3rd party cards.

My build has a white/black theme... and while the 3090 FE did look good I had no problems grabbing a Gigabyte Aero 4090 when I upgraded. With the white case this white card really looks good against all the black internal parts.

Didn't realize the FE was having stock issues. Is it just the price?

InvalidError

Titan
Didn't realize the FE was having stock issues. Is it just the price?
Nah, just Nvidia cutting production and throttling distribution to maintain inflated prices. That is their official strategy at least until sales crash hard enough to hurt their net income. Inflated unitary gross profit does you no good without sufficient volume to cover all of your sunk and recurring costs.

And still no.
The amount of money you have to throw at a 4xxx card is insane. I vote with my wallet and even if I want a 4xxx card I will skip this generation. Vote with your wallet.
I'm still running a GTX1050. At this point, I'm almost set on upgrading to an A750. Never thought I might one day contemplate buying an Intel GPU as a protest vote against AMD and Nvidia's price-gouging. Of course, that wasn't even an option until only a few months ago.