Reusing my AIO CPU Cooler, PSU, and Storage

jiexify

Commendable
Mar 24, 2018
Hello,

I am building my new PC. I'm taking apart my current one and selling some parts and reusing some parts. However, I just want to get some feedback on whether the parts I'm reusing is safe to reuse.

Parts I'm planning to reuse:
1. Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler. Thinking about buying this same one again, I think it has worked great.

2. Corsair HX750i PSU. Platinum rated has served me very well and I would buy it again, although am also considering the HX850i... But looking at my new build, 750W is probably more than enough for me.

3. Samsung 850 PRO 512GB and WD Black HDD 2TB. My intuition tells me storage is fine and can definitely reuse...

4. Fans?? Fans should be fine too as long as I clean and dust them out so they spin properly?

Things to consider, I've had my current PC for since 2015, coming up on 4 years now. All the parts I bought were new when I put it together. I clean and dust out my PC every 6 months, I keep my room very clean. I don't have AC in my house so in the summer it can get up to 110 degrees farenheit where I live. There's a fair chance my PC has taken quite a beating from the heat. I never overclocked my parts and I never leave my PC on overnight. I think in the total 4 years I've had it, I've probably left it on overnight to run and download stuff MAYBE 3 days total...

MY NEW BUILD
i7-8700k
MSI Z370 Gaming M5
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Corsair HX750i PSU
NZXT S340 elite case
Samsung 960 PRO M.2 512GB
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB
WD Black HDD 2TB
Corsair AF and SP Quiet Edition fans
Corsair H100i AOI CPU Cooler
Artic MX4 Thermal Paste CPU
Windows 10 64 bit Professional

Thank you guys! Much appreciate any help and feedback I can get.

Solution
1) If it still works fine then reuse it. No point in buying anohter expensive water cooler if the one you have works fine.

2) If it works fine then reuse it. The HX 750i is a quality PSU and far more than enough power for your build.

3) Yes you will need reinstall the OS however.

4) If they work fine then reuse them.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
1) If it still works fine then reuse it. No point in buying anohter expensive water cooler if the one you have works fine.

2) If it works fine then reuse it. The HX 750i is a quality PSU and far more than enough power for your build.

3) Yes you will need reinstall the OS however.

4) If they work fine then reuse them.

Solution

urbancamper

Distinguished

What this guy said.

jiexify

Commendable
Mar 24, 2018

At what point would I consider replacing the PSU or AIO CPU cooler of this quality?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well that power supply has a ten year warranty and like I said is very high quality, I would not worry about it dying anytime soon. Maybe replace it some time after the warranty expires if you want to be safe.

I wouldn't replace the cooler until it's no longer effective at cooling or the pump dies. AIO coolers don't last forever, so once temps start getting abnormally higher than they use to be under the same conditions then it is a good time to replace the cooler.

urbancamper

Distinguished
This guy already told you there is no need to replace anything if it is working. My setup has been through 3 different builds with only the cpu and motherboard being replaced. His answer was correct and therefore the best solution.

The old saying goes...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

jiexify

Commendable
Mar 24, 2018

Thank you @Dunlop0078 and @urbancamper for the help!