[SOLVED] Reusing very old PSU

Aug 10, 2020
Hello, I am currently going for a new build with details below:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4 4000Mhz
Asus ROG Strix X570-E

I have Corsair TX650 Bronze and has been used a good 4-5 years, so what I want know is that would it be safe to reuse it? Or should I buy a new one, am on a very tight budget right now.

Solution
Obviously, buying a new one is wise and advisable. The TX650 however was and is a pretty decent model so as long as there have been no indications of a problem with that specific unit, it SHOULD be ok. I would advise however that you replace it as soon at it is reasonably possible, because a 4 or 5 year old PSU like that one may still cause problems at some point for your new hardware and really it's not worth the potential risk to your brand new, expensive hardware, that costs much more to replace than the cost of a new power supply even during the current stupidity with the availability and cost of some hardware like power supplies. Use it cautiously and replace when possible.
Obviously, buying a new one is wise and advisable. The TX650 however was and is a pretty decent model so as long as there have been no indications of a problem with that specific unit, it SHOULD be ok. I would advise however that you replace it as soon at it is reasonably possible, because a 4 or 5 year old PSU like that one may still cause problems at some point for your new hardware and really it's not worth the potential risk to your brand new, expensive hardware, that costs much more to replace than the cost of a new power supply even during the current stupidity with the availability and cost of some hardware like power supplies. Use it cautiously and replace when possible.

Solution