Reviewing my case cooling - in regards to video card temps - suggestions?

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I just upgraded my video card and decided to review my case cooling setup to see if it needs adjustments or if there is room for improvement. You see my system specs below (case, etc.). My cooling setup is the following:

CPU cooler beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 which includes inner 135mm Silent Wing Fan and outer (in front) 120mm Silent Wing Fan. I have one 120 mm Silent Wing Fan installed right behind the Dark Rock Pro next to the i/o panel to suck air out. In the front of the case I have two 140mm Silent Wing Fans, one right in front and level with the CPU cooler and one in front of the video card. My video card is an MSI RTX 2080 Duke with 3x Torx 2.0 fans. I tried to do the best with cable management, there are no obstructions for air flow. No bays in the front, all SSDs and HDDs are hidden under the side panel.

I didn't adjust any fan curves, neither CPU/System fans nor video card fan curves. The system runs very silent. In idle and normal desktop work it is basically silent. During gaming you can hear fans, but the noise level is very low and absolute acceptable.

Here are my idle temps: CPU is 33C and GPU 54C (the videocard is using a fan stop feature, if I turn on a fan on 30% in idle it drops to 40C). During long gamin sessions (with Shadow of Tomb Raider, in highest settings an 1440p) my temps are the following:
CPU mid to high 50Cs, GPU 77C (case closed) and 72C (case open).

First: are those acceptable values for the video card?
Second: is the 5C difference between closed and open case an expected difference or is the difference to high?
Third: suggestions how to lower the GPU temps a little (should I work with the lower front case fan curve, and or the fan curve of the video card?)?

It seems like I have some hot air built up under the video card. It seems like the air flow around my CPU is pretty good (no difference between open and closed case on the CPU temps) but it could be better under the video card.

By the way the CPU is overclocked to 4.8Ghz and the GPU overclocked by using the Nvidia Scanner Tool (using the curve).

Solution
"First: are those acceptable values for the video card?"
Yes

"Second: is the 5C difference between closed and open case an expected "
Yes. On some machines I run with the case open just for the purpose of extra cooling.

"is the difference to high?"
It seems reasonable to me.

"suggestions how to lower the GPU temps a little"
I really don't think you need to. Your temps are good. I don't think you are going to significantly extend the life of the card by going a few degrees lower....and I don't think you will get more than a few degrees.

"First: are those acceptable values for the video card?"
Yes

"Second: is the 5C difference between closed and open case an expected "
Yes. On some machines I run with the case open just for the purpose of extra cooling.

"is the difference to high?"
It seems reasonable to me.

"suggestions how to lower the GPU temps a little"
I really don't think you need to. Your temps are good. I don't think you are going to significantly extend the life of the card by going a few degrees lower....and I don't think you will get more than a few degrees.

Solution
Your welcome.

And just fyi....max temp on that card is 88C. You are plenty fine.

If I started seeing 85+ I might think about doing something...but I think what your seeing is totally normal.

I have a GTX 1060 that runs in the 70s and a GTX 1080 that runs in the 70s.