Question Revive bricked Seagate Barracuda hard drive?

franco

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
I'm hoping that I might be able to revive a hard drive that got bricked when I tried to repair sectors with Seagate tools. It is an old Seagate Barracuda ATA IV ST380021A 80GB Hard Drive, which is no longer recognised at all when I connect it to my old desktop PC.

Today I connected it to a laptop via USB with a "Sabrent" SATA / IDE hard drive to USB connector. Windows device manager seems to recognise that a device is connected but refers to it as a "USB Device." Is there anything I can do to reformat this so it becomes usable or recognised as a hard drive. I can't see any way to configue the drive in Windows 10. I have screenshots but don't see any option to upload them here.

Today I connected it to a laptop via USB with a "Sabrent" SATA / IDE hard drive to USB connector. Windows device manager seems to recognise that a device is connected but refers to it as a "USB Device."
It is recognizing USB adapter. Not the drive.
I have screenshots but don't see any option to upload them here.
Upload to imgur.com and post link.

franco

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
It is recognizing USB adapter. Not the drive.

Upload to imgur.com and post link.

View: https://imgur.com/a/O5vBYPu

Windows seems to recognise the model code for the hard drive but displays it jumbled up.

I just want to get the hard drive working so I can make sure there is no data on it. That seems reasonable to me. Otherwise I live with these hard drives in my apartment forever, or until someone finds out how to get my data off of them when I am dead and buried.